Raleigh bikes. BBC4 Wed 21:00

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gez73

Veteran
Great programme that. The black and white feature on how a bike is made is on youtube. Has been mentioned on here before. Loved those sideburns too. Gez

subaqua

What’s the point
Can't believe they said a Grifter was "like a BMX", they were 35lbs ! :ohmy: The only way to 'get air' with one was to let it out of the tyres....
You didn't live in Wales next to a clay pit !

That was a regular occurrence . I nearly broke neck going down a near vertical drop and off a ramp at the bottom.

I looked at it with my kids a few months ago and wondered why I had. I told my boy (9) what I used to do and he said " daddy, I know I shouldn't use this word , but that's just f**king stupid"

Flyboy

A must watch , 100 mile ride at the age of 10 , then back the next day riding a bone shaker amazing.

Johnno260

Veteran
Loved this show, Grifter and BMX can't be mentioned in the same sentence, those things weighed a ton...literally I think! haha

Loved seeing the Chopper I loved mine.

Raleigh Burner my 2nd BMX after my Piranaha, I loved my Burner that thing was utterly in-destructible, kids with other bikes used to take the mickey out of my Burner but I loved it, it so many good memories and summers spent on that bike.

Raleigh Activator my 2nd MTB after my Raleigh Mustang, I didn't like the Mustang but I loved the Activator shame it was stolen, people at the leisure centre watched a white van pull up and use bolt cutters on my bike chain, I went mental I was heart broken as I had saved for months to get it, I did get it returned, but it had been destroyed, it was the last Raleigh I owned.

Top Bottom