Raleigh bikes. BBC4 Wed 21:00

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
And fan of Britain First :sad:

He's an immaculately coiffured patriot. An example to us all.

D

Deleted member 1258

yes I wondered - as I think earlier slimming pills used "speed"

That wouldn't surprise me, I remember an article I read where they were discussion what was put in products years ago and there was stuff that is illigal now, like the soft drink that contained heroin, which made me wonder what is in regular use today that will be banned in future.

robgul

Legendary Member

To be more accurate the slimming products was called Ayds (that was what my memory said, and Wikipedia agreed)

Rob

Drago

Legendary Member
How many people know that JS rode a Carlton? I didn't, neither would I care.

Carlton enthusiasts, in the main. Bikes advertised as "Ex Savile" went for a premium if the claims could be corroborated. I expect any documentation has been quietly lost now and they've reverted to normal Carlton status.

Indeed, just before the sheet hit the fan one bike shop - I don't recall which - paid a fortune for a Savile machine to go on display. A few weeks later their investment was not only worthless, but not even displayable because of the risk of vandalism.

So it seems the very people who would be most likely to buy Carlton's today, the enthusiasts, are all too aware, and sales would likely have suffered just by the association. Like Aids. After all, if the public didn't take notice of slebs and brand affiliations then manufacturers wouldn't paybthe same slebs millions to be seen with their products.

Top Bottom