Rammed From Behind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
"You stopped too quickly".... you mean he was driving to close, leaving an inappropriate gap?

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I presume it wasn't a traffic officer. Non traffic police have no intrest in this sort of thing and it is shown by what they say.

It was not a traffic officer, when, I presume the officer was sent because the driver was standing next to me getting very agitated while I talked to the Police and maybe they thought better get their as quick as possible.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Well I was expecting a completely different thread, given the title! ;)

Let us know what happens, he should lose his taxi license at the least IMO.

Jezston

Über Member
Phone the station and ask to speak to a traffic officer. Explain the story and how you feel let down by the officer who attended who did not correctly follow procedure. If they say one isn't available just this minute say you'll hold - you won't accept a call back.

Meanwhile, contact the IPCC and make a formal complaint about the officer who did not follow procedure in the event of an accident. SERIOUSLY.

Then if things haven't moved on significantly by the end of TODAY, get the video up - maybe let someone edit a snappy abridged version as well - and lets all do what we can to turn this viral, and send copies to the press - cyclist videos are very much du jour.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
No problem, I'm happy for as many people as possible to see this road rage ramming incident.

I'll post it on here after it's been uploaded to YouTube,

Nice one :smile:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Phone the station and ask to speak to a traffic officer. Explain the story and how you feel let down by the officer who attended who did not correctly follow procedure. If they say one isn't available just this minute say you'll hold - you won't accept a call back.

Meanwhile, contact the IPCC and make a formal complaint about the officer who did not follow procedure in the event of an accident. SERIOUSLY.

Then if things haven't moved on significantly by the end of TODAY, get the video up - maybe let someone edit a snappy abridged version as well - and lets all do what we can to turn this viral, and send copies to the press - cyclist videos are very much du jour.

Seriously good call on everything you say :biggrin:

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
"You stopped too quickly".... you mean he was driving to close, leaving an inappropriate gap?

He obviously didn't think to hard about his statement.

I can see that there was a large gap between us, even though my foot was on the ground, that is stopped, he continued to drive at me, as though he planned to nudge me and not cause me injury.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being

I will complain to the IPCC, I just need to fill in their online form.

I will give the station a call later, not possible at the moment.

Top Bottom