Rammed From Behind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
As I understand it once you have made a complaint to the IPCC no police officer will talk to you regarding the case until a decision has been reached by the IPCC.

Really, I will leave the complaint to the IPCC until later then.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
That was my experience anyway. Not sure if it is policy or practice.

It seems I cannot actually call the station as they do not have that information on their website, any google search just shows the non-emergency number.
They only have the 999 number or the non-emergency number which is handled by a call centre with no access to the stations directly.

Jezston

Über Member
Good grief. They really are going out of their way to make it difficult for victims aren't they.

Call the non-emergency number, explain the situation, ask for them to get a traffic officer to contact you asap.

EDIT
The main points being you were involved in a collision with a driver who deliberately struck you, called the police, the driver illegally left the scene, and the officer who attended did not correctly follow procedure and appeared to be disinterested in doing so. You want to speak to a traffic officer as you want this incident dealt with properly, and you have camera evidence and witnesses.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It seems I cannot actually call the station as they do not have that information on their website, any google search just shows the non-emergency number.
They only have the 999 number or the non-emergency number which is handled by a call centre with no access to the stations directly.

The non emergency number will be able to put you through to the local Police Station.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Is it really advisable to go public with the possibility of legal action pending?

At the moment, going by what the officer stated, all he was going to do was have a chat with the driver and tell him he is a naughty boy.

If the Police do change their mind and take it more seriously I can always "private" the video.

quassleberry

Glad you weren't hurt during this episode - given the recent events & the posts regarding violence towards cyclists by motorists.

Have you managed to contact either Wiltshire Ambulance service or the local council licensing department?

I once reported a taxi to my local council for having faulty rear lights - I couldn't catch up to tell the driver, and they were straight onto the driver to let him know & if memory serves me right they were also going to call him in for an inspection to make sure it was done. Totally different scenario I know but if your council are as strict as mine they will want to know & will act.

Top Bottom