Rammed From Behind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
It seems I cannot actually call the station as they do not have that information on their website, any google search just shows the non-emergency number.
They only have the 999 number or the non-emergency number which is handled by a call centre with no access to the stations directly.

Have you tried the Police.UK website, there should be the non-emergency number there & possibly an e-mail address; I have just e-mailed my 'local team' this morning to have them have a look at some footage I took yesterday - I'll be interested to see their response...

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Well what I suspected was going to happen has happened.

I called the Police for an update, the officer who came to see me, visited the driver and told him he's a naughty boy and closed the incident report. Either the driver told a good story or the officer was not that interested, probably a little of both.

I informed the officer I was speaking to that I was not satisfied at all with this, again stating what had happened and that I had video evidence plus a witness to the event. I asked to speak to a traffic officer but apparently is not possible.

The officer went off to talk to someone, they came back stating they had re-opened the incident added the "new" information I had just given and now the incident is to be investigated by the transport justice section.

I am extremely disappointed with attending officers actions, they obviously have no idea what it is like to have someone in a mini-bus drive at you whilst sitting on a bicycle and deliberately make contact. I know it was not a high speed, no injury occurred, luckily I was stopped and unclipped when he hit my rear wheel, allowing me to let the bike move to reduce the contact forces.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Well what I suspected was going to happen has happened.

I called the Police for an update, the officer who came to see me, visited the driver and told him he's a naughty boy and closed the incident report. Either the driver told a good story or the officer was not that interested, probably a little of both.

I informed the officer I was speaking to that I was not satisfied at all with this, again stating what had happened and that I had video evidence plus a witness to the event. I asked to speak to a traffic officer but apparently is not possible.

The officer went off to talk to someone, they came back stating they had re-opened the incident added the "new" information I had just given and now the incident is to be investigated by the transport justice section.

I am extremely disappointed with attending officers actions, they obviously have no idea what it is like to have someone in a mini-bus drive at you whilst sitting on a bicycle and deliberately make contact. I know it was not a high speed, no injury occurred, luckily I was stopped and unclipped when he hit my rear wheel, allowing me to let the bike move to reduce the contact forces.

Well at least they are looking into the case again.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Well at least they are looking into the case again.

I was not expecting the Police to attend, I thought it would be the normal procedure of fill in a form a let traffic deal with it.

I think they only sent someone because the driver was next to me while I was talking to the Police getting agitated. Next time, hopefully never, I will tell them not to bother unless it's a traffic officer.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I was not expecting the Police to attend, I thought it would be the normal procedure of fill in a form a let traffic deal with it.

I think they only sent someone because the driver was next to me while I was talking to the Police getting agitated. Next time, hopefully never, I will tell them not to bother unless it's a traffic officer.

Fair point.

Schneil

Veteran

Maybe because you had camera footage, the police can investigate further?
Otherwise it would just have been put down as a "your word against his" situation?

John90

Über Member
Maybe because you had camera footage, the police can investigate further?
Otherwise it would just have been put down as a "your word against his" situation?

That sounds plausible. Brings home how useful bike cameras are as a form of insurance.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's often your word against his, but as you have video it would make a difference. The guy that did something similar to me apparently reacted because I put my hand up - he got his collar felt, and the incident added to the driver's existing list (he had previous) but they couldn't take it further.

even just putting a hand up and be taken the wrong way by some loonies. You just never know when you'll meet a loony.

Bman

Guru
Glad you and the bike are ok BSRU.

I thought I was going to be hit from behind as well today. Nothing malicious though, just poor planning for a blind overtake. The driver managed to slow down enough to keep about 1foot distance from my back wheel. No rear facing camera, so no video.

Hurry up with the youtube links, I expect to see it alongside the other two road-rage videos that made the press recently. :smile:

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Glad you and the bike are ok BSRU.

I thought I was going to be hit from behind as well today. Nothing malicious though, just poor planning for a blind overtake. The driver managed to slow down enough to keep about 1foot distance from my back wheel. No rear facing camera, so no video.

Hurry up with the youtube links, I expect to see it alongside the other two road-rage videos that made the press recently. :smile:

It just taking YouTube ages to upload, should be done in 30 minutes.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
It also appears from the video that the mini-bus did not have the required 9 passenger seats to qualify as bus in order to drive through the bus gate where the incident happened, but surely the investigating officer checked this before closing the report.

davefb

Guru
It also appears from the video that the mini-bus did not have the required 9 passenger seats to qualify as bus in order to drive through the bus gate where the incident happened, but surely the investigating officer checked this before closing the report.

you missed the /sarcasm tags... :-/

Top Bottom