Real time ethical dilemma.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the pagan's (used by modern Wikka) had a reasonable solution to such dilemmas that helps focus the mind.

They advocate, 'An' it harm none, do what ye will' with the additional rider of the rule of threes, which means whatever you give, you get back threefold, be it good or bad.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I'd not go. I don't think the original poster will either.

There are a lot of nasty posts upthread - this isn't Facebook folks.
It's been nine months. People should have got used to the idea that they should not be going on foreign holidays, regardless of the legalities of the situation. Any suggestion to the contrary is going to be met with robust criticism.

Dave7

Legendary Member
When I was first struggling to breath and felt rough and unable to get out of bed I called the rest centre in Lincoln, they take your details, ask a few questions and decide over the phone if you have covid, they said I did not do no need too see me, it was 3 weeks from that point I went online and spoke to my Doctor who said she wanted to see me the next day, hence the notes, she did a raft of blood tests plus and ECG, still waiting for chest xray. Seems if you are not tested in first 8 days then the results will not be correct also testing for antibodies can only be done once you are clear of it. A nurse friend had the same symptoms as myself and was tested positive.

So I am sitting here not knowing.
We got it in December. 23rd when I went down with it.....it wasn't really recognised then.
Had several blood tests plus scans but all were negative
The Doc said that means nothing as a) after a few weeks it doesn't show b) "they" are still learning about it.
All I know is that 9 months ago I enjoyed 40 milers plus regular golf......now I can't ride the bike, play golf and struggle to get up the stairs.

Last edited:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It's been nine months. People should have got used to the idea that they should not be going on foreign holidays, regardless of the legalities of the situation. Any suggestion to the contrary is going to be met with robust criticism.

One would worry about people getting stuck as well. With the 'new' strain, it's not inconceivable that someone could get stuck in Madeira (or other places, since we're not really talking about PK99). Or there could be police guards outside your hotel in a few days when the rest of the world works out what the 'new' strain means. This sort of thing and people getting stuck places or a stressful time is sadly not new. It's not on a cruise ship, but it could still get pretty bad. The way authorities will react will be are you from London, no, no answer me, so that's a yes you're from London. All right, do not worry have nice quarantine as a gift from visiting our country and don't worry as soon as you have 2 negative tests you can leave. There will sadly probably be a small number of examples of this in the coming weeks.

Drago

Legendary Member
One would worry about people getting stuck as well. With the 'new' strain, it's not inconceivable that someone could get stuck in Madeira (or other places, since we're not really talking about PK99). Or there could be police guards outside your hotel in a few days when the rest of the world works out what the 'new' strain means. This sort of thing and people getting stuck places or a stressful time is sadly not new. It's not on a cruise ship, but it could still get pretty bad. The way authorities will react will be are you from London, no, no answer me, so that's a yes you're from London. All right, do not worry have nice quarantine as a gift from visiting our country and don't worry as soon as you have 2 negative tests you can leave. There will sadly probably be a small number of examples of this in the coming weeks.
Even worse, imagine being abroad and catching the new variant covid 19 and having to rely on the healthare in the West Sphincter region of Anusland. I don't think people think that aspect through terribly well in advance.

D

Deleted member 26715

I'd not go. I don't think the original poster will either.
Can you point them out, I don't do FB to compare them with.
My cousins wife is from NZ. Her dad is dying of brain cancer. they were booked to fly out on 27th for 4 weeks, with a 2 week enforced quarantine at the start. They live in tier 4. I wonder what will happen now, very sad.
I can’t see NZ allowing them in now.
It is very sad, but it will be sadder if travelling there takes in a new variant of the disease onto NZ, they have been very robust in protecting their citizens unlike the bunch of yahoo's we're dealing with.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'm not traipsing through the thread to quote posts (I've just eaten breakfast) but, I recall terms such as "idiot", "selfish b-word", and general unpleasantness in some posts. All towards a bloke who hasn't gone anywhere and is staying at home.

I did suggest this real world likelihood in page two of this thread.

But I guess there's a lot of pent up rage that needs to come out somewhere.

No one speaks to each other like that on my FB feed.

Must be something to do with the usualcompany I keep :smile:

Wobblers

Euthermic
Open camps so people entering the UK are forced to isolate, and imprison anyone that breaches the rules for a month. People will be forced to behave or be removed form circulation where they can cause harm. If the virus cannot enter our shores, and cannot circulate among the population, it will disapper.

Australia did just this - and they've done far better than we have. In fact, the major outbreaks they've experienced were all a result of people escaping quarantine in one way or another. The current outbreak in Sydney's a bit different as we don't know the original index case, but it was massively spread by two prats who didn't bother isolating.

There's a lesson to be learned there, isn't there?

Top Bottom