Really annoying kids whilst out cycling today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
@johnnyb47 Just bored youths, I guess.

Not bored youths. Just obnoxious little bastards who need to be on the receiving end of some good old-fashioned discipline. We've all been young, and we've all been bored, but I'd have had my arse kicked all the way down the street if I'd behaved like these chavs do. Abusing people randomly or mouthing off at a Copper etc - just wasn't tolerated, no matter what.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Not bored youths. Just obnoxious little bastards who need to be on the receiving end of some good old-fashioned discipline. We've all been young, and we've all been bored, but I'd have had my arse kicked all the way down the street if I'd behaved like these chavs do. Abusing people randomly or mouthing off at a Copper etc - just wasn't tolerated, no matter what.
Well, same here, but times have changed, no use living in the past.
Probably when we were young there were not enough bike gears invented for @johnnyb47 to ride 50 miles in hilly Wales, so he wouldn't have gotten the abuse anyway ^_^

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I'm usually quite a placid guy and maybe today I must of got out the wrong side of bed :-).Apart from the obnoxious kids I did have a great ride out. Tomorrow's another day were another tail will be told no doubt. As childish as it seems I get the impression these youngsters are just targeting road bike users. They look at it ,as they don't fit into there little cliche of what they ride and then in turn throw insulting remarks at them. It's all very childish and now feel somewhat embarrassed even admitting about getting rattled by it all. :-).

Slick

Guru
I'm usually quite a placid guy and maybe today I must of got out the wrong side of bed :-).Apart from the obnoxious kids I did have a great ride out. Tomorrow's another day were another tail will be told no doubt. As childish as it seems I get the impression these youngsters are just targeting road bike users. They look at it ,as they don't fit into there little cliche of what they ride and then in turn throw insulting remarks at them. It's all very childish and now feel somewhat embarrassed even admitting about getting rattled by it all. :-).
Don't worry about it, we all get caught up at some time or another.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
Can’t you plan different routes, and different times? Ignore the underclass scrotes.
Your absolutely right. There's always plenty of different routes to take. Whilst the school holidays are on going I shall avoid the places were kids congregate (especially when I'm in a grumpy mood) It has to be said though it's only a small minority of kids who behave like this.I know I could stop it with one encounter with them but I would also fall foul of the law. It's just best to let it go over my head and continue to enjoy doing what I like doing best.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Its summer holidays and the little darlings don't know how to use their time. I posted here a few weeks back thar I'd been screamed at into my ear and punched on the helmet by some teens. I carried on, but did ask if they had anything better to do.

adamhearn

Veteran
Police wouldn't do anything, parents do nothing and disciplining of children doesn't exist (isn't allowed) any more so things will only get worse.

I'm surprised you went through several separate villages and had he same issue in each. How shoot is that! I personally wouldn't change routes.

Johnno260

Veteran
It’s not worth confronting them, this day and age you’re either get in trouble yourself or worse.

I confronted some oiks who threw something from a car at me, it escalated but they left when they saw I wasn’t backing down, but it was entirely dumb on my part there were three of them, and you never know if one has a knife.

Hopefully the police will start to clamp down on this antisocial behaviour soon before it all ends in tears.
Anyway sorry for my rant but I just felt like getting it my chest.
All the very best,
Johnny.

What do police actually do? I wouldn't count on them for sod all. Even speeding penalties are automated these days. I think the most likely thing that'll sort out the scummy youths is a nuclear war.

I was once pushed off my bike by some scummy youth. I was gonna knock his block off when 2 other nutters prevented me. Is it a sign of the times that it never once occurred to me to report it to the police. Just didn't give that option any more thought than the obscure moons of Neptune.

Last edited:
Top Bottom