Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
The human brain contains approximately one hundred billion neurons
About the same as the number of stars in the Milky Way galaxy.
These neurons are connected by trillions of connections, or synapses. Experts call this a “neuron forest”. Information runs between these neurons in your brain for everything we see, think, or do. These neurons move information at different speeds. The fastest speed for information to pass between neurons is about 250 mph.

That said, neurons only make up 10% of the brain.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Cats commonly have white bellies and paws because when pigment develops in the womb, it starts along what will become the spine and works its way around to the front. Sometimes pigmentation doesn’t make it all the way around, resulting in colour on top and white on the bottom.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
When pursued, kangaroos will lure the chaser to bodies of water. So they can hold their attacker under and drown them.
Given the vast majority live in the arid non-coastal bits of Aus, I'd have thought that might be quite a long way to lure any pursuer.
'kinhell skippy another 200km run to the waterhole:laugh:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
In 882 Louis III of France mounted his horse in pursuit of a girl. He then rode through a low door, hit his head on the lintel and fractured his skull. He died childless. He is one of two French kings to die from hitting their heads on a door lintel.

classic33

Leg End Member
Before rap battles, there was "flyting," a trading of insults that was popular from the 5th to the 16th centuries in England and Scotland.

Participants employed the timeless tools of provocation and perversion as well as satire, rhetoric, and early bathroom humor to publicly trounce opponents. Even society's elite would join in these battles of wits.

classic33

Leg End Member
Every one hundred years, the moon adds approximately 1.4 milliseconds to a day. While this may be minuscule, it does add up: When dinosaurs roamed the planet, days were 23 hours long, according to NASA.

classic33

Leg End Member
Ever thought about the little birdie on twitter. Does it have a name, if so what is it?

Well cast those thoughts aside, it's Larry! The blue bird was named after former NBA player Larry Bird, who used to play for Twitter co-founder Biz Stone's home-state team, the Boston Celtics.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
75% of all Rolls Royces ever produced are still on the road.
Really? Even the rubbish 1970’s one?
I went to a stock car event in the late 80’s and a few people were using them as stock cars because they were so strong but worthless once something expensive went wrong.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Really? Even the rubbish 1970’s one?
I went to a stock car event in the late 80’s and a few people were using them as stock cars because they were so strong but worthless once something expensive went wrong.
It was a stat on BBC so I assume it's credible.

Top Bottom