Recommend me a van (?) / Estate for cycle transport for £10k….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I quite fancy a Volvo XC70 estate, they look good and would suit your needs.
I understand the 2.4 diesel engine, providing it is serviced, runs forever.

Way longer than that.

We're on our second. In 10 years, and this one's not even close to change.

Service history. History. History. And then look at the history OP. If it's right, don't look at the ODO, it's nigh irrelevant.

Great cars, the D5s

vickster

Legendary Member
Not a VRs but found a couple of decent looking Octavia (Mk4's), 2019 year, 35-42k on the clock, £9.5k

2016 TDi VRs' for around the 10k mark

I think the latter would fall foul of Greater London ULEZ if that's a consideration. I think it's 7 year old diseasals

rualexander

Legendary Member
I recently got a Ford C Max 2013, rear seats come out completely and two bikes fit in the back no problem with just the front wheels off, probably could get three in, but maybe not with one rear seat reinstalled.
Seems to be a narrowing field, cars with removable rear seats, unfortunately, most nowadays seem to be fold flat, but that leaves you with more limited vertical space.

vickster

Legendary Member
Are they not euro6??

No idea what that means

OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Way longer than that.

We're on our second. In 10 years, and this one's not even close to change.

Service history. History. History. And then look at the history OP. If it's right, don't look at the ODO, it's nigh irrelevant.

Great cars, the D5s

Cheers.

On build, reviews, engine, spec and looks (Likely in just that order….) the Volvo is grabbing me right now…

Found a few cracking 2.4 D5 XC70’s with 40-65k on the clock / 2011-2013 years: for between 10 and 13k depending on model / spec etc. They are fairly few and far between; but are out there. Likely living in Suffolk I’d have to travel whatever.

I can use a work vehicle if I’m in between cars. So will likely service / MOT mine and plan to get it gone as soon as the good weather starts and people are looking for some top-down motoring.

Cheers for your thoughts 🙏

Alex321

Veteran
I think the latter would fall foul of Greater London ULEZ if that's a consideration. I think it's 7 year old diseasals

Age doesn't matter, it is whether they meet the Euro6 standards. The TFL website says most diesels sold in the last 6 years do so, but some older ones do, including the Octavia TDI VRS

I just put this one https://www.motors.co.uk/car-66428158/?i=0&m=srf into the vehicle checker, (for sale at £8,495)and it says it is ULEZ compliant.

Alex321

Veteran
156000 miles and still 8.5k… jeez :ohmy: :ohmy:

That's nothing to a diesel.

My last 4-5 cars have all done well over 200K, and it wasn't engine issues that made me get rid of them then.

Having said which, prices for 2nd hand cars seem to have risen quite steeply in the last few years. I bought my current Insignia estate in 2019, when it was 4 years old with 65K on the clock, for £8300.

Top Bottom