Recommend me a van (?) / Estate for cycle transport for £10k….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
sevenfourate

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Speaking as a man who has had a variety Volvo estates for past 20-25 years, the only danger is that you pack too much!! they needn't be boring either, I had the V70R version for a few years.

I’m sure ! Again lots with huge mikes. £10k don’t buy much in Volvo World does it 😳

JohnHughes307

Über Member
Speaking as a man who has had a variety Volvo estates for past 20-25 years, the only danger is that you pack too much!! they needn't be boring either, I had the V70R version for a few years.

I had a succession of Volvo estates and drove 250,000 miles for a total of £10k purchase spend in them across about ten years😁

I currently have a Toyota Avenis estate which, while not as good a V70 does return 38 mpg compared with the V70 26-28!

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I’m sure ! Again lots with huge mikes. £10k don’t buy much in Volvo World does it 😳

2nd hand cars prices are still pretty high, but don't be afraid of motorway miles, particularly on a car with a decent sized engine.

My old V90 had close to 200k when I sold it. My V70R was about 120k IIRC and I only got rid because the adjustable shocks needed replacing, which was going to be expensive.

I believe a P1800 volvo racked up over 3million miles....

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Berlingo Multispace/Peugeot Partner. May as well lock the thread now.

I agree as I have a Peugeot Partner and a friend has a Berlingo which has carried 2 bikes and 3 people. If you take out the centre seat and possibly one other it is really a van with windows. A an aside the Peugeot is easier than the Citroen for seat removal.
The Ford and VW are a little longer.

vickster

Legendary Member
How many people? How many bikes?
I’m very fond of my Fabia VRS estate if you don’t need to fit adults in the back.
Bike goes in with seats down but no need to take front wheel off
She’s sporty too :thumbsup:
Personally, I wouldn’t want to be driving a van/car-van

Jameshow

Veteran
Berlingo Multispace/Peugeot Partner. May as well lock the thread now.

Leave your ego at home with one of those!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Berlingo Multispace / Peugeot Partner Tepee / similar as @Drago has put.

Bikes can go in upright without wheels off if there's a seat/s down. Loads, and loads, of interior space and cubbyholes. Our Peugeot has had a hammering for six years and is still going strong.

Jameshow

Veteran
Ford transit custom? Vito?

Transporter sized but cheaper.

Peugeot expert etc even cheaper about 10k now.

Alex321

Veteran
I've driven estate cars pretty well all my adult life. During periods when we have only had 1 car it has almost always been an estate, and if we have had 2 cars, the one I drive most has always been.

Currently I have a Vauxhall Insignia, before that my last two were both Mondeos. All diesel, the two Mondeos were both got rid of at over 230K miles. All very practical, I preferred the Mondeos to the Insignia, but hard to pin down just why.

I still usually prefer to carry the bike on a towball mounted carrier than inside, though it does go inside fairly easily with one of the rear seats folded.

Top Bottom