Recommend me an undercarriage lube..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
Germoloids is good if you are feeling a slight bit of pain before a ride. It numbs.

germoloids-ointment-55ml-5745227566e2b.jpg

531Man

[QUOTE="Blue Hills, post: 5613849, member
Undercarriage lube does seem to be a major concern for many - bit surprised no one has come out with a variant of the thing I think was called scotoiler.

Come on guys!
"scotoiler"
There just begs to be a product suggestion called "Scrotoiler"!

Last edited:

531Man

These people are bringing it out once the temperatures rise://

They were exhibiting (themselves?) At that trendy london bike show at olympia.

"I did see one person approach the stand."

Probably a very upright and outstanding member of the cycling fraternity.

Perhaps they were looking for my alternative product Scrotlube©®™?

Fullylugged

As the title says. Don't fret, I'll apply it myself.
Is Sudocreme just as good as the cycling specific lubes on longer distance rides?

Bag Balm works really well. It's a dairy farm use product for cow udders (the "bag") and contains petroleum jelly, lanolin and antibactierials. Comes in a 7 oz tin and lasts a long time. Look for it at a farm and feed store.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Bag Balm works really well. It's a dairy farm use product for cow udders (the "bag") and contains petroleum jelly, lanolin and antibactierials. Comes in a 7 oz tin and lasts a long time. Look for it at a farm and feed store.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I might just pass on the udder rub..
Probably cheaper than cycling specific stuff, though!

while I applaud a creative approach to swerving the bike specific marketeers, I have to ask if you have ever used this stuff.

If so, more agricultural tips welcome.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
while I applaud a creative approach to swerving the bike specific marketeers, I have to ask if you have ever used this stuff.

If so, more agricultural tips welcome.
I've used, I think horse Mercurochrome (red stuff?) on a bad foot blister.
Does that count?
:tongue:

Another vote for vaseline - been using it for years and never gives a problem. In fact, there`s been the odd occasions when I`ve forgotten to apply it and gone out thinking i`ll get away with it only to a chafing!

Another question tho, is how much do you actually apply. I have a friend who uses some posh stuff but he goes through tubes and tubes of it, (heaven knows how he stays on the saddle) whereas a tub of vaseline will last me months, just don`t double dip!

Top Bottom