Remember what bikes you have got.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I bought Jannie a Genesis CDF 20 recently. Great service from Evans, who sent it across to Denmark. Jannie cycles her 10 mile commute every working day, regardless of weather.

The bike was an early, surprise birthday present as I thought the Trek 1200, which she really likes, was getting too old and tatty. It has given plenty of years service.

Jannie went up into the loft yesterday to do some clearing out. "Have you seen this?" she shouted. I went up and saw that under a cover was a brand new Trek Lexa SL which I had fitted with Marathon Plus tyres. It is Jannies size and it took me a while to remember that the Lexa SL was another surprise bike I bought for her a couple of years ago. The reason that she did not use it is because she likes the other Trek.

Since buying the CDF a month or so ago, she has ridden it about 70km and says she is saving it for nice weather.

The moral of the story is do not forget what bikes you have bought and where you have put them. She also found another Trek in the loft in very good condition which she can now use as a winter bike. Our house is only 70 Square metres and the loft is very small. But a bit like the tardis.

Fortunately, Jannie and I take the same size bike. Thats 9 we have in total now.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Who's Jannie? Your wife?

Lonestar

Veteran
I haven't forgotten my bikes but I don't live in a castle full of space.:tongue:

All four are doing fine thanks.Not a lot in the loft just spare wheels.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
The other bikes are either in my shed or in my cargo trailer as we use them on a regular basis. They went in the loft as we ran out of space in the shed and trailer.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I believe we have 9 in the shed. A 10th may be arriving at some point in the near future.

After that we need a new shed or a door on the car port.
What is it about bikes that make you want to keep getting more??? Gets bloomin expensive maintenance wise once you have too many. Especially if things aren't interchangeable. I now have an 8 speed, two 9 speeds, a 10 speed and an 11 speed.

Lonestar

Veteran
What is it about bikes that make you want to keep getting more??? Gets bloomin expensive maintenance wise once you have too many. Especially if things aren't interchangeable. I now have an 8 speed, two 9 speeds, a 10 speed and an 11 speed.

People collect things...I collect money....and bikes.

Top Bottom