Ribble price increase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Q. What do you call a Lada Cabriolet?

A. A skip...
I once saw in Hightown, Liversedge a Lada that had been dumped in a skip!

DRM

Guru
That's like the old "Why do Lada's have heated rear windows?"

"To keep your hands warm whilst pushing them" joke
As we weren’t fit to be allowed out for installation jobs many years ago in a decent car, the company purchased a Lada estate for us to use, and no matter what we did to it, we couldn’t break it, it even ran when a non driver was asked to check it for oil, having never heard of a dipstick, he removed the oil filler cap and couldn’t see any oil, so filled it up to the top, it was like a Soviet tank with the smokescreen deployed.

As we weren’t fit to be allowed out for installation jobs many years ago in a decent car, the company purchased a Lada estate for us to use, and no matter what we did to it, we couldn’t break it, it even ran when a non driver was asked to check it for oil, having never heard of a dipstick, he removed the oil filler cap and couldn’t see any oil, so filled it up to the top, it was like a Soviet tank with the smokescreen deployed.
they were of course decent old FIATS.
A long association between Italy and Russia/Soviet Union (even until now, with some major Italian political parties apologists for Putin just as some once were for Stalin) - touched upon in a good prog by the witty and learned/nerdy James May.
Reviewing my memory in my mind, I seem to recall my ex work pal said most of the taxis in Hull were Ladas.

Gunk

Guru
A long association between Italy and Russia/Soviet Union (even until now, with some major Italian political parties apologists for Putin just as some once were for Stalin) - touched upon in a good prog by the witty and learned/nerdy James May.
Reviewing my memory in my mind, I seem to recall my ex work pal said most of the taxis in Hull were Ladas.

They were a remanufactured Fiat 124, early cars looked very similar

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Actually although the car was an old FIAT they'd made it with thicker steel to stand the punishment on potholed Soviet roads/tracks

Mr Moo

I Don't know if anyone has noticed but Ribble have increased the Price of its 725 Endurance disc range by £200 pounds. That's over 14% increase in price from the original figure. As you can see its well over the cost of inflation. I guess even value for money firms like Ribble are cashing in on the pandemic situation. Quite disgusting. Does anybody else have views on this.
I was about to put an order in for a 725 this week. I am a member of the Ribble site, receiving .emails most days, having a CGR in my possession. No update from a member perspective, which is very disappointing. Ribble frames are produced in the far east according to their website, so there you have it. Import costs has battered the cost effective option of factoring. As the Dragons say when a deal becomes less appealing "I'm Out". OnOne and PlanetX have better spec and range, so that is where I will be heading along with many others. The price increase is actually £300.

Mr Moo

Ribble are still insisting on a £40 delivery charge too. Even if you collect from a branch, apart from Preston. Plenty of other brands out there offering better deals.

Top Bottom