Ridden into by another cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
fossyant said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Uh, yawn......STILL AT IT ! Off back to sleep.........

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Baby_Im_Bored.jpg

;):biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Cupoftea, here's one for you to explain.

Why can my road recumbent significantly outbrake both a road bike and a MTB? It has 406-28 Stelvio road tyres and a front disc brake.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
User said:
I reckon Regina would outstop both a road bike and an MTB, and I know that Valiant's new love of his life stops dead!

Regina is a recumbent trike? Stopping is one of the things recumbent trikes rule at!!!

domtyler

Über Member
Not sure how much value there is in expanding this 'debate' to include hpv's with three or more wheels, we all know that they have an advantage. The simple fact is that I can stop much quicker on my fixie road bike with 23mm tyres than any MTB can even dream about. :ohmy:

PS, Jacomus, your post above is this ====> WRONG (sorry to nick your technique Mikey! :smile: couldn't resist.)

col

Legendary Member
Tynan said:
no mention of disc brakes?

Over kill,even more so on the back.

Tynan

Veteran
I had them on my old bike and found them better in the wet, less water on the discs than the rims

and I had the impression that they performed better over time regarding wear and adjustment

there was a thread on the topic a while ago and I think there was a general consensus that they were a bit better on the road than regular brakes, wether the better was necessary was another matter, I liked them

atbman

Veteran
(Atbman) I first deploy the rear parachute, then fire the retro rockets, before applying my 20" carbon fibre disc brake with maxistoppium pads. If there's anyone who can stop their bike from my maximum speed of 304.6mph, I've yet to meet them.

Ne-ne-ne-neh-neh

Tynan said:
ah, but what sort of stopping distance do you need?

and what's the tightest corner you can manage?

I thought you'd never ask - or should that be I thought I'd never be asked?

From 304.6mph it takes 'til Tuesday. I can also manage a corner of slightly less than the curvature of the earth. Regrettably, I have been unable to find a public road sufficiently well surfaced and lightly trafficked to carry out definitive tests, but I am sure that, when I have done so, evryone will have gone home or fallen asleep, so there will be no witnesses to my remarkable achievement.

So I'm not going to bother

Tynan

Veteran
very good

I got a lift once from a RAF figther pilot, very good bloke, he'd flown Lightnings

'brilliant plane, no good at corners though'

Top Bottom