Ride your bike for at least 30 minutes at least three times a week, every week, for a year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
W33 R1 - In and around the roads and lanes of Belle Vue, Shrewsbury, Frankwell etc - 10+ mile walk up to Lyth Hill and back in the arvo
DSC_3293.JPG

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W33 R2 - Meole Brace to Leaton return to visit rellies
W33 R3 - lurking around the roads and lanes of Hook a Gate, Nobold, etc and bothering local riders by asking if people post in the forum
DSC_3388.JPG

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W34R1 - Brackenridge, Coalburn, Red Moss, Abington, Crawford, Elvanfoot, Leadhills, Lettershaw hill, Crawfordjohn, Red Moss, Happonden, Coalburn, Brackenridge (total 56.1 miles plus 3,875 ft of ascent)

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W34R2 - Nelson, Fence, the Ridge, Whalley, Read, The Ridge, Fence, Burnley
W34R3 - Rode around Burnley & Brierfield doing various chores etc

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W35R1 - Burnley, Fence, Spen Brook, Clarion, Roughlee, Noggarth, Barrowford, Fence, Burnley
W35R2 - Burnley, Haggate, Catlow, Trawden, Pennine Bridleway, Wycoller, Laneshaw Bridge, Cock Hill, Kelbrook, Foulridge, Slipper Hill, Blacko, Blacko Bar, Roughlee, Spen Brook, Sabden, Portfield, the Ridge, Higham (& it's scarecrow festival), Fence, Burnley (total 39.3 miles plus 4,292 ft of ascent)

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W36R1 - local night ride on George Dawes, still ended up soaked in sweat
W36R2 - a long loop to the Clarion

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W36R5 - Local gravel loop
W36R6 - local for work
W37R1 - to LBS then a spin through the hills
W37R2 - Burnley, Nelson, Colne, Laneshaw Bridge, Cock Hill, Kelbrook, Earby, Salterforth, Barnoldswick, White Moor, Blacko, Roughlee, Clarion, Spen Brook, the Ridge, Dean, Sabden, Whalley, the Ridge, Fence, Burnley (total 38.9 miles plus 3,477 ft of ascent)
DSC_3796.JPG

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W37R3 - Early morning ride along a mist wreathed L&L
W37R4- Local evening ride on the Dawes & getting quite chilly setting off
W37R5 - Local evening ride on the Centurion 5 speed, quite chilly setting off but sweating cobs on my return - need to try and get 1st engaging again
W38R1 - Burnley, Colne, Foulridge, Blacko, Roughlee, Newchurch, Sabden Fold, Higham, Fence, Burnley, Nelson, Fence, Burnley
W38R2 - Extended Clarion run

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W38R3 - local on the Centurion, all gears now working
W38R4 - Commute to Preston from Pendle, punctured with a fine view of an inversion as I wrestled with the tyre. Broke a tyre lever and puncture was on the side wall. Stopped and bought extra tubes en route.

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W39R1 - Burnley, Higham, Ridge, Dean, Sabden, Stainscomb, Sabden Fold, Jinny Lane, Clarion, high rocky road to Barley, Newchurch, Sabden Fold, Stainscomb, Sabden, Dean, Ridge, Higham, Guide Lane, Spen Brook, Jinny Lane, Roughlee, Noggarth, Fence, Burnley (total 26.2 miles plus 1030 m of ascent)
W39R2 - Commute from Preston to Pendle, punctured 3 times but the goob did its job
W39R3 - Through the pissing rain & howling gale to my LBS and back. Very glad I took dry full winter gloves for the ride back. Sometimes I wish the shop was 5 miles closer

Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
W40R1 - Burnley, Brierfield, Wheatley Lane, Fence, and then reversed
W40R2 - By my standards, a quick local run with high averages for me of
Speed15.1mi/h21.4mi/h
Heart Rate146bpm178bpm
Cadence91143
W40R3 - So much rain this week I thought I wouldn't get a third in. Just back from a turn around my local gravel loop, with a deviation to admire the river in spate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom