road bike to time trial conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hodgey

Regular
would it be possible to change one of my road bikes into a time trial machine :becool: ive had people say it would work and others saying to get a full blown tt bike. any views on the subject???

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
If your unsure if TT ing is your scene then get some clip on aero bars and try a few. If you do enjoy it then start lookin at ways to improve which may mean n+1 into TT bike territory.

VamP

Banned
would it be possible to change one of my road bikes into a time trial machine :becool: ive had people say it would work and others saying to get a full blown tt bike. any views on the subject???

You can do it, but it's a half-arsed compromise that is displeasing at an aesthetic level.

In case you're also thinking about building up TT frame with bits from an existing bike, here's my thread exploring the same. I ended up transferring precious little. Wheels, RD and chainset.

I did it when funds were too tight for a proper TT bike. Raced it for a season or so. Worked quite well too. Better than just using clip on tri bars but not as good as a 'proper' TT bike.

Top Bottom