Rugby World Cup 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
There was one very clear forward pass that was missed.
but the law has changed over the years, in line with Rugby League. Flat passes and passes that go forward but leave the hand backwards are now allowed.
In truth NZ were lucky with the score line. England had 2 tries denied that could have gone the other way, especially the maul one.
I wish someone would explain the physics of a ball that somehow leaves the hand going backwards but ultimately travels forward. That would require some additional force being applied to it after it leaves the passer's hand. If someone is running forward but passes it backwards initially, it keeps going backwards all the way to the recipient

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I wish someone would explain the physics of a ball that somehow leaves the hand going backwards but ultimately travels forward. That would require some additional force being applied to it after it leaves the passer's hand. If someone is running forward but passes it backwards initially, it keeps going backwards all the way to the recipient

I've often wondered the same too.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Grind of a game so far. No real space for either side, which is a credit to the defenders but doesn't make for particularly compelling viewing. SA just about deserve the lead.

Gutted to see North going off, he's quality.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
England have much more than either of these. Assuming the same England turns up, that is.

Agreed. The start of the second half has been very, very poor. Scrappy would be a generous description.

Saw this on the BBC website.

Don't annoy the big guy! :laugh:

1572171544218.png

Top Bottom