Rugby World Cup 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
...or a 72nd minute drop goal :laugh:

rualexander

Legendary Member
Wales try looked like a forward pass to me.

1572175393360.png

Handlebar Moustache

Despite being English (though 15+ years in Scotland) I have no real affiliation behind the teams and have really enjoyed the World Cup as a neutral. Comparing today’s game with yesterday’s is like night and day. England v NZ was fast flowing running exciting attacking positive rugby. Today’s was turgid, slow, kickfestive, defensive, negative, boring rugby. I feel sorry for Wales (mainly because one of my best mates is a cut-him-and-he’ll-bleed-dragons supporter) but think the result is fair and again as a neutral am not really anticipating the final - England will trounce SA I reckon so it might not be that fun to watch. But we’ll see!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Wales will be kicking themselves.
they could have won that game against a very one dimensional SA team.
I made a comment elsewhere that a Welsh team of even a few months ago would have done. I think both they and, slightly earlier, Ireland have peaked too early (and have both now to rebuild).

I think the final could be very one-sided, as said. Damn well hope so ^_^

gavgav

Guru
2 contrasting games, this weekend. Fantastic game yesterday, between 2 sides that were skilful and attacking, with it being probably the best England display I’ve seen.

Today was a sleep inducing, boring game of kicking, other than 10 minutes where 2 tries were scored.

Top Bottom