Rugby World Cup 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
Wales will be kicking themselves.
they could have won that game against a very one dimensional SA team.

This. They've gone for power over creativity which I think is a real shame. A couple of iterations ago South Africa played some really free flowing quick stuff which was great to watch, now they're all about bludgeoning teams into submission.

Poor spectacle today. I hope England win next week.

Just off to The Dubliner in Oslo to watch the final with a mixed crowd of nationalities. Hopefully the English will be the majority.

I quite confident of an England win, but the occasion can get to players, especially as the euphoria from the NZ game can still be lingering.

Should be a bruising battle.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just off to The Dubliner in Oslo to watch the final with a mixed crowd of nationalities. Hopefully the English will be the majority.

I quite confident of an England win, but the occasion can get to players, especially as the euphoria from the NZ game can still be lingering.

Should be a bruising battle.
I’m preparing a space behind the sofa....

I’m preparing a space behind the sofa....

I thought it was the 'Springboks' playing, not the daleks.

Levo-Lon

Guru
England really shouldn't have anything to worry about; De Klerk aside, the Springboks offer very little.

My thinking too, but the pundits are bigging SA up, England will have to play awful to loose.
I think SA will loose it with sin bins and maybe a sending off for high tackling and fighting..

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
The worrying statistic is that NZ have been beaten in the semifinals 4 times, but the victorious side has gone on to lose the final 3 times.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
My thinking too, but the pundits are bigging SA up, England will have to play awful to loose.
I think SA will loose it with sin bins and maybe a sending off for high tackling and fighting..

Pundits are generally useless. Anyone looking at the two sides that reckons SA have any sort of chance needs a word with themselves. Sure, they've improved hugely in the last couple of years, but they're still miles away from England's level.

Top Bottom