Rugby World Cup 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Not the slickest performance from Eng so far, 7 handling errors? First game jitters i hope.
They definitely left 25 points on the field.
But a bonus point win is as good as they needed to be.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
They definitely left 25 points on the field.
But a bonus point win is as good as they needed to be.
Indeed. Too many errors, which better teams will punish, but no tries conceded, and some excellent running moves. They did what they had to do, and did it without doing anything really dumb. So far so good.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I asked a neighbour after the game yesterday if he watched it. He said no as "rugby's boring". He then told me that he likes horse racing and golf,besides football. :rolleyes: If the RWC had only been on Sky or BT for example we'd have even bigger problems trying to generate public interest in the event.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

XOXO
I asked a neighbour after the game yesterday if he watched it. He said no as "rugby's boring". He then told me that he likes horse racing and golf,besides football. :rolleyes: If the RWC had only been on Sky or BT for example we'd have even bigger problems trying to generate public interest in the event.

I think that if England hadn't made such a bollocks of it when hosting in 2015 there might have been more interest, in England at least as I reckon the Celtic nations will all have a large TV following.

I actually think the RWC punches above its weight when you compare it to footy and the sheer number of teams in the Euros and World Cup. The morning matches in the uk doesn't help with viewing for home nations, thank god for recorded tv!

delb0y

Legendary Member
I'm starting to wonder if there's a bit of conspiracy. The refs are letting forward passes, off-sides, blocking, and all sorts of offences go. I can't help but wonder if there's not an intention to try and make the game faster and more flowing so it will appeal to the masses a bit more? These are experienced referees and I can't believe they're not seeing this stuff.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I'm starting to wonder if there's a bit of conspiracy. The refs are letting forward passes, off-sides, blocking, and all sorts of offences go. I can't help but wonder if there's not an intention to try and make the game faster and more flowing so it will appeal to the masses a bit more? These are experienced referees and I can't believe they're not seeing this stuff.
I have pretty much the opposite problem - not with this tournament but with rugby generally. With football I pretty much always know why a free kick's been given; with rugby most penalties take me by surprise - often I'm none the wiser after the replay. :wacko:

Top Bottom