sad hobbies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Pandy

As I get older (just turned forty) I seem to be collecting a rapidly increasing list of hobbies including tropical fish (two tanks, thinking about a tank room), restoring an old VW camper van, bodyboarding (think lazy surfing), photography (just bought a new camera), indy comics, a couple of dogs, and of course tinkering with the bike.

It wasn't meant to be like this. I feel so depressed.

OP
OP
Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy

They all just seem so bloody sad, geeky,mid dle aged and stuff my dad would do.

OP
OP
Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy

In the big tank a female Jack Dempsy (about 6 inches in length) a firemouth, two silver dollars, a large Ghost knife and a catfish (a petricola I think). The small tank is planted and contains a number of dwarf cichlids and rainbows.
Not a great picture
2jblfl0.jpg

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Mmmm, I seem to be yearning to own an old Vespa or Lambretta en route to Classic Ducati ownership... but I can't even afford to get a bike frame resprayed... :biggrin:

If you're happy, and it's legal and not harming anything, why not?

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I think as you hit 40, you turn into your dad :biggrin:
I hit 40 last Christmas & when my parents were over just after, I noticed my dad had the same jacket as me :biggrin:

OP
OP
Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy

Fab Foodie said:
Mmmm, I seem to be yearning to own an old Vespa or Lambretta en route to Classic Ducati ownership...

I fancy an old british bike a BSA or Enfield, soemthing like that

OP
OP
Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy

Its stll a bit cold for tinkering with old cars. When its a little warmer I have to get stuck back into the van. What shape the beetle in?

gbb

Legendary Member
Soltydog said:
I hit 40 last Christmas & when my parents were over just after, I noticed my dad had the same jacket as me :sad:

You can read that either way...your dad dresses young, or....:biggrin:

My son (23) is a bugger for borrowing my clothes. I'm 50, so i'm quite made up with the fact he does :biggrin: Cept when i'm looking for my Levis, and find he's gone to work in them :biggrin:

I wanted a scooter project a few years ago...i think you get to a slightly bored part of your life and look for something to liven it up.

colly

Re member eR
Soltydog said:
I hit 40 last Christmas & when my parents were over just after, I noticed my dad had the same jacket as me :biggrin:

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Oh dear!!

I never quite managed that one.

Wait a minute. I just realised my son whipped a coat I had over Christmas .............and he still has it.

Top Bottom