Safety Recall : SRAM road hydraulic brake recall – stop use immediately

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
It is beyond belief.

Your preaching to the converted. If the bike was not being built as a replica of cav's bike I would have changed the group set by now.

As a matter of interest Shimano contacted me an offered me a discounted Dura-Ace Di2 11 speed to get me on the road, shows you the difference in approach from both companies.

I am gutted at the moment, I was really excited about getting the bike. I have so many nice touches to go on it like Cav's 2013 tour de-france bike number plate and more but the joy is now gone thanks to how SRAM have been treating me.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This is the third time the impact of the issue stated by SRAM has changed, the failures are not a result of low temperatures. I am personally curious to know the cause of the issue as SRAM seem to have gone quiet on this since attempting to point the blame at a supplier.
I pointed that out in this thread on 17th December! :whistle:

It is worse than just a temperature problem ... It is no good just avoiding riding in freezing temperatures because an update on that SRAM site reveals that the cold merely accelerates the development of an underlying problem. The seals can suddenly fail at any temperature with catastrophic loss of braking! :eek:

ColinJ

Because it is going to cost many millions to sort this fiasco out ...? :whistle:

SRAM estimate that nearly 20,000 bikes are involved and I can't see it costing much less than £500 a bike to fit replacement parts and pay out compensation. That is about £10 million. Perhaps they do have that kind of money to hand, but if they don't then they would be in trouble. Unless of course they are covered by insurance!

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android

Thought of you when this was posted a week or so ago!

Thanks
Nice to see that the money they have of mine is spent on quality video promotion... Lol

ColinJ

They are likely to be covered, product liability insurance.
Actually, now that I have bothered to think about it ... I wouldn't want to be in that kind of business without proper insurance cover. It would only have taken a couple of those brake failures to have resulted in serious injuries or deaths for vast compensation claims to follow!

Ok then - I wonder how much SRAM's premiums will go up after this ... :whistle:

Top Bottom