Safety Recall : SRAM road hydraulic brake recall – stop use immediately

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Think I would have just handed the bike back and got a full refund.
The bike is fine, its sram thats slowing things down... not literally though.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Its wasnt purchased as a complete bike, he collected the components he wanted to build the bike with.

All the other components are fine its just the sram bits letting him down.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Well it is a few days till the end of April this week and I am yet to hear anything from SRAM regarding my brakes, even though the president Stan Day stated in a video on March 5th that the product would be shipped to customers the second half of April..

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

We have a new update from SRAM...
http://sramroadhydraulicbrakerecall.com/sram-road-hydraulic-brake-recall-announcement-april-29-2014/

The bits that matter to me are.

Dear Cyclist with recalled SRAM Road Hydraulic Brakes:

SRAM’s new Model Year 2015 (MY15) road hydraulic brakes are in full production and will be shipping the first week of May. We decided to delay slightly due to increased validation testing.

So I may get them this year, no mention of compensation for customers who have had bikes depreciating in value, or for retailers who have encountered all the grief from consumers.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I like this from their press release:

"If you have not received interim mechanical product and have been waiting patiently to swap your recalled Hydro for the new Model Year 2015 Hydro product:"

Erm ... I don't think people have been 'waiting patiently' :wacko:

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Well it is now middle of may and SRAM have not started shipping the product to customers even though reassurances were given that this was indeed going to happen.
The rumor mill is flying with suggestions that SRAM have discovered further issues having gone exceptionally quiet recently. I can neither deny or confirm this however SRAM are yet to respond to any tweets or emails sent to them this month.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

31st of May and I'm still waiting for my brakes, no matter what has been stated in publicly released videos and communication sent to me but I have been informed that sponsored riders and important markets take priority.
The UK is not considered to be an important or priority market for SRAM

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My LBS got their CX bike on display this week with the repaired brakes . They said it will be on display for a few weeks and then on sale :thumbsdown: Not good business IMHO

Top Bottom