Safety Recall : SRAM road hydraulic brake recall – stop use immediately

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Dare

Dare I ask if there is an ETA on the hydro brakes...?

None to which I know off, the US is stated for end of April so I would guess around May for Europe, but I really don't know

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Well it's the end of February and I'm still missing Hydro brakes. At this time rumours are going round suggesting August or September 2014 before I get to try them. :cry:

Not bad considering I paid for them Nov 2013. :eek: and still no mention of compensation.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

I don't suppose you have any other option but to wait?

I currently have mechanical loan brakes, but I have to return them to SRAM when requested before they will ship the new hydro brakes as customers can't be trusted.. At some point again in the future my bike will be without brakes waiting for SRAM.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Well SRAM have now done another update..

So SRAM did not have the quality control in place to discover their brake piston cylinders were not round but oval, they are now testing the redeveloped product in the lab which suggests they did not do this first time around.
They then proceeded to talk up and promote the product by quoting sponsored riders and telling us all about new features... Yet once again they forgot to actually say sorry to customers or mention what they are doing for compensation.

Last edited:

Andrew_P

In between here and there
When I viewed that I thought it needed a bit of editing and he needed to be able to read an auto cue

Peteaud

Veteran
Well SRAM have now done another update..

So SRAM did not have the quality control in place to discover their cylinders were not round but oval, they are now testing the redeveloped product in the lab which suggests they did not do this first time around.
They then produced to talk up the product by quoting sponsored riders and forgot to say sorry to customers or mention what they are doing for compensation.

:banghead:

Unreal..

Why not say sorry?

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Well today after giving the impression in the previous Video that the new product will ship at the end of April SRAM have now released an update stating that they will be "back in production of the new version in late April" no longer are they clearly stating they will ship them at this point. Anyone want to guess when I'm finally going to get them.?

My bike is now 9 months old, never been ridden on the roads, SRAM have still not apologized, continue to make excuses and change their statement.
I along with my LBS have received no notice of compensation

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Thankgod I went red mechanical, even though I wanted hydro

That's how I feel.
I have XX1 on my MTB and it works really well, its very good. But its been around for a while as has Red mechanical.
I would simply advise people to never buy the latest product from SRAM as their quality control and customer service is shameful. I simply do not understand how they can recall the same product twice for the same issue?
Only buy products which have been in the market long enough to have proven themselves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom