<sarcasm> South Yorkshire Police keeping cyclists safe </sarcasm>

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just in case a bus swerves out of control into the cycle lane, in's nice of SYP to provide such a sturdy barrier on this contra-flow

Oh..their car park is about 10 metres away!
IMAG0184[1].jpg
IMAG0185[2].jpg
IMAG0186[1].jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Have you posted it to the Chief Constable and the local newspaper?

I would.

You will find that the problem will be sorted out swifty

Reactions: mjr
Did you have any demonstrations (or football) near you on that day? Those are public order cans, usually three to a serial. Entirely possible that they were mutual aid from a different force or station, so couldn't get into the car park, and not allowed to leave a long way away from wherever they are (maybe getting briefed) in case they have to run to a violent disorder.

If this is a regular thing then ignore the above, but if it's a one off I just offer that as a possible explanation...

Have you posted it to the Chief Constable and the local newspaper?

I would.

You will find that the problem will be sorted out swifty
While it may well be true that SYP will seek to resolve these things swiftly once a complaint has been made and publicised, the unfortunate aspect of it is that SYP have form on viewing the 'problem' as being the cyclists making the complaints and getting just a little bit vindictive.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's a contraflow, so you would have to chose a different route if you didn't want to use it.
Not necessarily. It depends how the one way order is worded but normally it's a simple exception for cycles and the lane is only a safe refuge that motorists must not enter. Mandatory means motorists must not enter, not that cyclists must use.

OP
OP
Sheffield_Tiger
It's actually been an ongoing issue that *was* resolved about 12 months ago, so it is being highlighted, nip it in the bud

I will have to keep an aye on the other issue with football next weekend, as there is a contraflow that SYP unofficially closed completely to park football coaches on

Regardless of having to be nearby, there are numerous roads 2 vehicles wide that they could use, but of course no, mustn't block Mister Toad a little bit, close the cyclists down instead

As for ignoring the lane, it's a main bus route, at the junction buses swing in from all directions, the lane goes to an off-road safe haven away from the turning circle. Which is blocked.

Top Bottom