Seen on the ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I saw a lovely little rabbit this morning on a quiet back road. It ran off as I approached, but ran in front of me at the last minute. My heart almost stopped, I almost made it 3 falls from a bike in under a week, after 25+ years of no falls.

You know what I haven't seen in a while on the bike?

The bl**dy sun, that's what!!!!! ;):sad:

longers

Legendary Member
While temporarily unsure of my whereabouts in Manchester yesterday I saw a Bugatti Veyron parked up :biggrin: What a machine!

I didn't think much of the interior so won't be buying one until they re-design it.

On my ride yesterday I saw one of these:
grouse1.jpg

I'd never seen a Baby Grouse before.

Young Un

i saw a squirell on my ride this morning - hopped accross the road in front of me , fortunately far enough away that i could slow down for it. ow and i also saw a horse and rider riding along a country lane, and to be considerate slowed down and rode as far over to my side as i could as to not spook the horse as before i slowed down i was doing about 25mph

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Should slow down more Young Un. I always slow right down on narrow roads. nce had a horse turn around on me when it was scared, sprinting came into it then. Hadnt spooked it either:wacko:
Give them a shout well in advance aswell, to try and get the rider to notice.
25mph, that aint bad. Were you sprinting or just cruising along:becool:

I saw an american police car, posted that up a while ago. Normally i just see dead rabbits, badgers(never seen a live one:wacko:) and foxes.

longers

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
Normally i just see dead rabbits, badgers(never seen a live one:wacko:) and foxes.

While pedalling in Cumbria I saw an ex Red Squirrel and an ex Mole. Not your usual roadkill :biggrin:.

Renard

Saw a deer yesterday when mountainbiking. It was red coloured and looked like a small female or a youngster. It leapt off into the undergrowth and then stopped to stare at us for a bit.

Young Un

joe - i didnt go 25mph past the horse i was before hand then slowed down to about 10mph, and we were traveling in opposite directions so she saw well in advance. ow and i had just come down a bit of a hill so was just cruising along the flat at the bottom with just a couple of fingers on the bars sitting upright

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
longers said:
While pedalling in Cumbria I saw an ex Red Squirrel and an ex Mole. Not your usual roadkill :biggrin:.

Ive seen loads of moles, even touched one. At a campsite in France there was a guy going around killing them. He had killed over 30(i think) in a few days!

longers

Legendary Member
There used to be a mole catcher where I grew up and he'd tie them to the fence so the farmer knew how much to pay him. After they'd been there a while the crows would have em and all you'd be left with was these little wizened hands tied to the barbed wire. Not pretty the first time you find them.

One of our cats brought back a live mole once. We came home from work and he was sat there in the lounge looking at it with a very "WTF is that?:wacko:" expression on his face. I was able to release it nearby, seemingly unharmed.

longers

Legendary Member
First off I spent a very enjoyable 10 minutes watching a Bi-plane circling above Saddleworth. It made a wonderful noise and looked incredibly slow as it was banking round.

I then saw a photoshoot for ladies lingerie. Very nice :biggrin:

After that I saw a great painting of a mackerel that I now covet.

Finally on the way home I saw a motorbike and side car. The passenger in the side car was a Golden Retriever wearing goggles :blush:

Not a bad trip out :smile:.

longers

Legendary Member
All that was true by the way.

Just been to pick up my takeaway and have seen the mangiest fox I've ever seen.

It had a limp on at least two legs, it's coat was so mangy that it could have been easily confused with a hyena and it's hairless tail made it look like an overgrown rat. It missed all the traffic but it did look like the best thing for it would have been to cross the road again but without looking this time ;).

Top Bottom