Seen on the ride...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Very impressive Hlab, even on video, in real life it must have been quite a sight.
If there had been sound on the clip would we have heard you swear?

colly

Re member eR
On the ride out to Spurn today we saw a couple of (insert collective noun for small groups) wild deer. (Herdlett?)

Second lot got spooked and after making to dash away from the road decided in fine Kamikazi style to leap the fence and dash across the road in front of us.
One poor bugger after crossing the road jumped directly into the wire fence and seemed for a second of two to get his neck stuck. (visions of three grown men struggling with manic deer)
However after a bleat and a grunt or two he got himself free and bounded off, thankfully.

edited to include:
Of course doesn't quite compete with the Duchess of Sutherland steaming past.

Did you just happen to see that or did you know beforehand?

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Today's trip to the River Stour at Mistley and a heck of a lot of swans!

DSCF4631.jpg

longers

Legendary Member
While taking the scenic route home over by Hartshead Pike this afternoon I heard music.

A fella had driven his car up there, parked in a lay-by and was practising the saxophone. I guess his neighbours/family are fed up with him.

mondobongo

Über Member
Saw a guy waiting to cross the prom on a road bike with drop bars wearing a full face crash helmet!!!! What the hells going on there.

longers

Legendary Member
I saw a Peregrine Falcon plucking a pigeon today.

I'd stopped for a comfort break at Victoria Station and the RSPB had a stall set up outside the Triangle Shopping Centre. They're there to publicise the breeding pair of falcons that nest in that locality.

The male was halfway up a hotel plucking away and they were showing him off to people with a very nice telescope. He'd not long taken a pigeon to the nest so they thought that this one would be for him. The pair have been nesting for 4 years and 4 chicks have hatched out this year.

Worth a look if you're in Manchester, the RSPB will be there with the telescope 6 days a week for the next month or so.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Last week this was. Saw a lovely large Hare in a field, first one I have seen in England for a very long time! (Only seen them in Scotland of late).

Also a babber bunny wabbit, nothing special I know but I live in London so tis rare for moi!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
djtheglove said:
Also a babber bunny wabbit, nothing special I know but I live in London so tis rare for moi!
You can have some of ours here, we're overrun by them. I see plenty of rabbits but over the last few days have seen a weasel and a mole too. Like an episode of Wind in the Willows!

Top Bottom