Shoved off bike by double decker bus !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

abo

Good luck with it...

I would have concerns about the forks to be honest

Thing is...if it was a CAR, no-one would expect you to accept even just a slight scratch...so why should you accept anything other than compete restoration to the exact condition beforehand?

(Though I should be telling myself that too with my recent altercation)

+1 it should be brought back to how it was before the neanderthal trashed it, plus a little something for the trauma you suffered etc. :tongue:

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Good luck with it...

I would have concerns about the forks to be honest

Thing is...if it was a CAR, no-one would expect you to accept even just a slight scratch...so why should you accept anything other than compete restoration to the exact condition beforehand?

(Though I should be telling myself that too with my recent altercation)

That bugs me somewhat..i said to the policeman, the wheel and components are expensive but can be replaced. The scratches 9albeit light ones) are more difficult to deal with, they dont respray bike frames, so i'll be stuck with the bike 99% better, but it'll always be marked.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
+1 it should be brought back to how it was before the neanderthal trashed it,
I agree with this
plus a little something for the trauma you suffered etc. :tongue:

Why? IMHO insurance should put you back in the position you were in before the incident, including covering any expenses incurred by you when putting you back in this position, but expecting to be compensated as well is a bit far.

I agree with this

Why? IMHO insurance should put you back in the position you were in before the incident, including covering any expenses incurred by you when putting you back in this position, but expecting to be compensated as well is a bit far.

That was my opinion, not being litigious by nature, until I learned that for any claim under the value of £1000 would not be supported by CTC and would have to go through small claims and funded by the claimant

So although i don't like it, I'd say claiming £500 for trauma and £500 for damage is better than claiming £500 for damage and having to fund the claim yourself

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
With respect, I think you are wrong.

They do repaint frames -however given the work hours required to remove components, prep and paint it, it would probably be more economical for a new bike.

Push for that if you feel comfortable -after all, it was him who caused the damage and he should pay for it. Think of it this way: if you scraped an entire side of a car (no matter if it was an old Yugo banger or a glossy new Mercedes) you'd better bet that the owner would want the paint refinishing or the value of the car, whichever is lesser. Again, good luck with it, and I hope you end up with a bike in the same condition or adequate financial compensation.

That bugs me somewhat..i said to the policeman, the wheel and components are expensive but can be replaced. The scratches 9albeit light ones) are more difficult to deal with, they dont respray bike frames, so i'll be stuck with the bike 99% better, but it'll always be marked.

Mawsley

<br /><br />
<br />
<br />
Yeah, heard the one about "what do you do when you run over a cyclist?"<br />
<br />
It's not far removed from the "what do you do when you run over a p**i?"<br />
<br />
Hahahahaha great fun. Not. I happen to know the difference between humour and poison. Bringing the issue of immigrant workers into a thread about a seriously nasty incident which, it seems, has NOTHING to do with immigrant labourers refusing to learn the English language...erm...sorrry...where is the great laugh in that?<br />

Dear oh dear.

abo

I agree with this

Why not? His whole day was shot due to a completely unnecessary incident. I see no reason why the OP shouldn't be awarded a little something for this too. Plus, a punitive damage award *might* make people think twice about such action, should they read about it in the local paper...

Panter

Just call me Chris...
That's really nasty but sounds as if you handled it extremely well.

Best of luck, and hoping there's a positive outcome, keep us posted
thumbsup.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You will be entitled to replacement parts where damaged, even scratched - in my on-going incident, I have been re-imbursed for brand new XT spd's, bar ends, saddle, and QR skewers.

Sounds like the driver had thought about it and either reported the incident, or it was picked up on the CCTV.

PS Personally I'd not settle for one wheel unless it was an exact same replacement - matching pairs.

Jezston

Über Member
Its a shame, it was my pride and joy and now it just lookes scruffy.

Sounds like all the scuffed bits can be replaced, and their replacements paid for.

If the frame is scratched, think of the scratches as battle scars ;)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
You could send the frame off to someone (do Hewitt do resprays and touch ups?) and have the scars sorted out professionally. It will probably cost a fair bit considering...

400bhp

Guru
I think people are getting ahead of themselves.

We've no idea what this cretin has told his employers. Nor do we know whether insurance will cover one of their employees deliverately damaging someones property (how much damage was caused by the bus and how much by the cretin when he threw it).

Let's wait for gbb to get somewhere with this and lets all hope it's a positive outcome. :smile:

sabian92

Über Member
sabian92, what stupid ignorant remarks to make.

Why are they ignorant and stupid?

I put my 2 pence in (as I'm entitled to do) about a bus driver who nearly ran over a fellow cyclist, and then posted something informative about if councils have more than just the driver on when they're transporting school kids. I called the council a bunch of knobs because they are - do you know anybody who LIKES their local authority? I sure as buggery don't, not when they're charging £600 a year!

Top Bottom