Show us your.......newbie progress!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It might be quite complicated to use but Veloviewer gives a percentage breakdown of a ride into different gradients.
Activities / then select zones
Cycling weekly let you upload rides (can do automatically from Garmin) and gives you a Ritmo score which is a difficulty score, it really does seems to reflect effort and distance.
THe tougher the ride, the lower the score.
Some time ago I was scoring 25 or more, but recent rides have all been under 20, best single ride was 16.2, and it give you an overall score based on best three recent rides
www.cyclingweekly.cc
You have to register as usual

So completed my first sportive 100 around 50 days after I started road riding and got my bike! 104 miles 5 hours and 56 mins @ 17.6 mph
https://www.strava.com/activities/203649707
Stopped three times on the planned rest stops for refuelling, went really well. Got an achey left knee from about 70 on and then the top of shoulders / bottom of neck started to hurt soon after, but to be expected I suppose! Biggest ride to date beating my 71 last week. Tagged on to a couple of experienced nice guys from Lowestoft who let me ride with them and didn't mind me taking advantage of their draft (I did spend some time at the front) but they helped me along a lot, so cheers Kev and Gerry! Overall very enjoyable day, early cold damp start but soon warmed up, it was great riding with other like minded bikers and especially in a close group of three. My bike held it's own well, didn't let me down, good gear changes etc (ventura cp50 from Argos for £400 in August) in a sea of much more expensive bikes so overall I'm well pleased with it. And if everybody pays up I've raised more than a couple of hundred quid for cancer research. Happy days.
View attachment 58271
Pic at the finish. Now I'm going to rest.......a lot.
Well done Justin ^_^
Mine is Sunday and I just hope weather is a bit better than today

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
@SpokeyDokey & @Stonechat the Bryton site also gives a difficulty lvel from 4-1 (4 being easy) and within that a score, I think up to 9
Part the reason I have done my own database is that to check different things on different sites gets well you know, the difficulty score I have can be used to work out how difficult a ride was in the same way as ft/mile this can show some surprising results, though short trips into town sort of screws the data, but it evens out over time for the day, week month ect, as these are worked out by total mileage and total height for each query
and on my weekly and monthly tables to compare month to month ect, you get the idea

Last edited:
Grr they have started digging up the main road that adjoins where we are living, and we have a bit on this week

Had difficulty getting the car back here just now. JObsworth at the top of the road.
Approached on a site road and over the pavement to avoid the cones, young man there was more helpful and advise we put hazard lights on.

andrew_rc46

Fudge it!!! If the weather holds out I'm going for it this weekend :smile:
50 miler, got to break my comfort range :smile: need to get myself a survival pack (tools,tubes) and some proper shorts.
It's apparent that eating and drinking is a must on that sort of milage.

Reset the router and cleared the cache, history, etc and seems better now.

Cursing not nipping back out with the pooch as the rain has just come back on. Bad weather really gets me down. Actually feel like going back to bed for a while!
just been out for a walk to the post office ( we have a new one... !) and to the local parcel drop shop and the weather is now totally calm, sunny, way too warm and my long sleeves were rolled up. walking back along our lane I could not see a thing because of the blinding sunshine! Just about to launch an attack on all the sweet chestnuts I have collected that have come down with the storm overnight and this morning. You would not believe it was the same day! in fact the ladies in the post office didn't believe me! It will soon clear Mo and then you can smile again...:biggrin:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
It might be quite complicated to use but Veloviewer gives a percentage breakdown of a ride into different gradients.
Activities / then select zones
Cycling weekly let you upload rides (can do automatically from Garmin) and gives you a Ritmo score which is a difficulty score, it really does seems to reflect effort and distance.
THe tougher the ride, the lower the score.
Some time ago I was scoring 25 or more, but recent rides have all been under 20, best single ride was 16.2, and it give you an overall score based on best three recent rides
www.cyclingweekly.cc
You have to register as usual

I'll have a look at that too tonight after Eastenders!

50 miler, got to break my comfort range :smile: need to get myself a survival pack (tools,tubes) and some proper shorts.
Yes the longer you go the more important to eat and drink regularly
Also good pair of bib shorts with really good pad is advisable

OP
OP
Nigelnaturist
Maybe, it depends on you, I can do up to 50 with out food providing I have eat well the day before and breakfast, that doesn't mean I don't though, I usually have a flapjack as well about half way (and a cig, well thats why I stop).

Top Bottom