Show us your touring tent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
that must be decent if it withstood the sort of gusts we’ve been havingover the last couple of days

I’m in MK so the strength would have weakened by the time it got to us
My last couple of nights in it were under Ben Nevis by Loch Eil on the night of a thunderstorm, June 9th,that killed a hiker nearby, sadly, and then near Strathpeffer were it was slightly less cr*p weather!!
I stayed snug & dry inside on both occasions. I've never actually been in a tent during such a storm.. The lightning was so bright and greeny orange inside the tent, and the rain was so heavy that I couldn't hear myself think! Scary night..

OP
OP
itchybeard

itchybeard

My last couple of nights in it were under Ben Nevis by Loch Eil on the night of a thunderstorm, June 9th,that killed a hiker nearby, sadly, and then near Strathpeffer were it was slightly less cr*p weather!!
I stayed snug & dry inside on both occasions. I've never actually been in a tent during such a storm.. The lightning was so bright and greeny orange inside the tent, and the rain was so heavy that I couldn't hear myself think! Scary night..
I

chriswoody

Legendary Member
I've got an old Terra Nova Voyager that's seen better days, for when I'm camping with my son or feeling luxurious.

My go to tent at the moment is my new Alpkit Soloist, lightweight and small it is great for solo trips.

I also use a tarp and bivy if the weather is not too bad and more importantly there's no bloomin mossie's or midges!

ChrisEyles

Guru
Did a fantastic 100 miler overnight trip out to Wiltshire last weekend with a friend. First time I've done an overnight trip involving a significant amount of off-road - nothing too drastic, but just enough that 32mm tyres and panniers wouldn't have been ideal - so I took my frankenbike drop bar MTB pictured and borrowed some bikepacking bags.

Took in some really nice gravel 4x4 tracks and towpaths with plenty of great scenery along the way.

After much tweaking, I'm finally really happy with my camping set up - army surplus bivvy bag & tarp, inflatable mat in the bivvy and a foam mat underneath. Its a tad bulky/heavy but really comfortable and good down to low temperatures too.

Top Bottom