Showers while wild camping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Mainline railway stations have shower facilities. Well Euston and Edinburgh do. Tricky to get your bike in there though.

Yes, I think Glasgow does as well iirc .

The other place I thought of is motorway services, they often have showering facilities, if you happen to be in the area of one and desperate enough .

Yes I know - but bear with me.

They usually have non motorway service entrances round the back, so local staff can access from the surrounding area..

Nothing to stop you from availing yself of the facilities, that way..

Like Baldy I'm more often in the vicinity of a river or the sea to throw myself in, on a trip than near a motorway.

Can survive many days without a shower, only need to do the 'essentials' really - might even be a good repellant against unwelcome advances..
Who knows.??

OP
OP
SteveParry

SteveParry

Guru
Yes, I think Glasgow does as well iirc .

The other place I thought of is motorway services, they often have showering facilities, if you happen to be in the area of one and desperate enough .

Yes I know - but bear with me.

They usually have non motorway service entrances round the back, so local staff can access from the surrounding area..

Nothing to stop you from availing yself of the facilities, that way..

Like Baldy I'm more often in the vicinity of a river or the sea to throw myself in, on a trip than near a motorway.

Can survive many days without a shower, only need to do the 'essentials' really - might even be a good repellant against unwelcome advances..
Who knows.??

I'll take all the advances I can get... I don't think there are any motorway services on the Wirral.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I'll take all the advances I can get... I don't think there are any motorway services on the Wirral.

So you're looking for a shower on the Wirral itself??

But you live there.?

Have you no helpful neighbours.?

And you're surrounded on three sides by water..

Get thee in the sea ..

Somewhere near here...

Buy a radar key and strip wash in a disabled toilet, just remember to wipe the surfaces after

the advantage of this is the bike will fit easily enough so you most prized possession can stay with you

keep an ear out for someone whogenuinely needs the facilities though

albal

Guru
Any truckstop will sell you a shower, couple of quid/euro

dodgy

Currently the shower at home is broken so Looked for local public showers. This is on the Wirral near Liverpool. I can't find any! In Germany all major rail stations have public showers... Is there a map of such facilities in the UK?
I’m confused. Is this thread about finding somewhere to shower now as your home shower is broken. Or is it about finding showers when touring? If the former, go to a swimming pool or gym as a day visitor.

They're two different things aren't they ? Nobody's wild camping on the Wirral but we do have lots of leisure centres and gyms.

People will be wild camping in the Highlands but gyms are going to be a bit harder to find ?

T4tomo

Legendary Member
The OP must be stinky by now - whats wrong with a good flannel & bowl wash whilst stood in the non working shower, and getting the shower fixed pronto

Top Bottom