Silly Neighbour - what would you do ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I wouldn't do anything, what happened, who's legs dropped off? Its a nothing incident, yet you want to escalate it?

No point as he would most likely retaliate as he is such a person. Complaining about him smoking out my house (from 100ft away) obviously really upset him !!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Over the last few weeks both us and our next door neighbor have had a car parked outside either of our houses overnight after a bit of tracking down we found it's a guy from about 6 houses up with an empty drive !

So we have both been doing tactical parking so he can't park outside our two houses , it all feels wrong as we both have drives that will easily take 3 cars

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Over the last few weeks both us and our next door neighbor have had a car parked outside either of our houses overnight after a bit of tracking down we found it's a guy from about 6 houses up with an empty drive !

So we have both been doing tactical parking so he can't park outside our two houses , it all feels wrong as we both have drives that will easily take 3 cars

I see you've got the week after next's episode sorted for 'my neighbour from hell turned me into an axe wielding homicidal maniac' :hyper:

Eee thank goodness I didn't decide to buy a van or massive pickup, instead stuck with my 17 year old car... that would have wound him up.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

What has @Accy have to say about it? He has lots of experience with bad neighbours.

I haven't asked him yet, that might take this thread into record number of pages.

We haven't had the stock answer 'burn it/him with fire' yet ?

Sling shot a few 'throwing stars' at him (sprockets - I've got loads and a few chain rings).

Bianchi boy

Über Member
Kill him with Kindness, invite him round for a coffee and chat in the garden, You`ll be best friends forever after,:okay:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
As upthread regards pavements, cars etc. You know what is right.

My 10 cents is NOT to fall out with your neighbour regardless of his reputation. At my last house, the girls’ mum fell out with two other women on the road and it caused no end of trouble for my oldest daughter and me. We had nowt to do with it, but ripples travel. Be warned.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

As upthread regards pavements, cars etc. You know what is right.

My 10 cents is NOT to fall out with your neighbour regardless of his reputation. At my last house, the girls’ mum fell out with two other women on the road and it caused no end of trouble for my oldest daughter and me. We had nowt to do with it, but ripples travel. Be warned.

Yep, I shall park all 4 wheels on the road, don't worry. I don't know what is in his head, and as mentioned, not even spoken to him in two years. Strange that has tipped him over.

This seems to confuse people. I use it on the bike quite a bit.

smile.jpg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Unreasonable and aggressive neighbours can be very difficult to deal with, as they generally don't respond to reason. I've been in a similar situation many years ago with an arrogant, aggressive nobber who lived opposite.
I'd ignore him and not say anything to anyone, or let anyone know that you have noticed his actions or are annoyed by them.
Then 2 - 3 years later I'd torch his car in the middle of the night when people thought I was away on holiday. :whistle:

D

Deleted member 26715

Then 2 - 3 years later I'd torch his car in the middle of the night when people thought I was away on holiday. :whistle:
You did that as well did you
Plus even a SORN vehicle now has to be insured. Bet they don't hold any either. :whistle:
No it doesn't, a vehicle with VED has to be insured, it's an offense not to be.

Top Bottom