Simon Mayo Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
+1 of mine.

Were you forgiven? I wasn't :cry:
Nope.. a maggot race around the rim of an old ladies hat was never going to be forgiven, was it?!? :whistle:

keithmac

Guru
All those changes, not for the good, and Steve Wright is still there, churning out the same garbage year after tedious year.
At least they could have taken the opportunity to get rid of him.

He is absolutely shocking, so far up his own ass it's unreal!.

Then there's his ass kissing mate Timmy Smith, just finishes it off for me.

Alan Carr on the Royal Wedding Saturday was the final straw for us at work, turned the radio off at that point.

Radio Two is definitely going down the pan..

Always nice when Craig Charles gets a go, especially atanding in for Wright. Shouldmake that a permanent fixture imho.

Ken Bruce is the only thing worth tuning in for, when he's had enough doubt well be tuning in at all...

[QUOTE 5255227, member: 45"]Mark Radcliffe. They should pull him back into daytime.[/QUOTE]
He seems quite settled where he is, teamed up with the WIganite, Stuart Maconie
I went to see him, as a sort of 'An Evening With......" last year
An excellent evening

Imagine having to run Fat Harry White (or even the Reverend Lionel Blair) past the BBC censors............ again
I did ask him, about it, when we went to see him (during his ('Q & A' section)

I did also write, in that thread;
he's played a pivotal role in modern music;
- The first DJ to play Madonna, on British radio, done as a favour to an 'A & R' friend
- kept Kylie Minogue in the public consciousness, between the time of the 'Neighbours' era songs, and the 'Spiining Around' and such songs
-first interview, for a LOT of years with Kate Bush

On a sadder note, he is responsible for Chris Evans remaining on radio (pleading for him, after Evans wiped important interview)

When I wrecked my cruciates I listened to Radcliffe and Maconie when they had their R2 show as I did hours of physio. It made a chore enjoyable and I'm glad they're still teamed up elsewhere.

Perhaps someone mentioned that all the peak/drive time presenters were male so the ladies were brought in for balance?

I've not heard much of Cerys Matthews but the bits I've heard she always mentioning Tom Jones. Don't they have 'history'?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
[QUOTE 5255305, member: 45"]Tom Jones is the only other Welsh singer still alive.[/QUOTE]
Implying Cerys Matthews is a singer is a bit much.
Fun fact - Her brother bought his kitchen and his floor tiles from me when he built his house, I also know her mum.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Perhaps someone mentioned that all the peak/drive time presenters were male so the ladies were brought in for balance?

I've not heard much of Cerys Matthews but the bits I've heard she always mentioning Tom Jones. Don't they have 'history'?
Cerys Matthews was/is the lead singer with the band Catatonia. She did a duet with Tom Jones called Baby It's cold Outside.
I was a bit slow there.

Top Bottom