Slimming World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Please don't look on it as D day but the begining of the new slimmer you !!!!! What time is the group because we on here may not be with you in body but we shall at least be with you in mind, so go good luck and so what if it is seven stone ? Remember Mrs ern1e is 10 st 5lbs less go and grab the "NEW" you.
No going back as I've just called the woman to say I'll be there :laugh:
5pm <gulp>

Ern1e

Über Member
No going back as I've just called the woman to say I'll be there :laugh:
5pm <gulp>
Stop all these negative vibes just go get em girl. I will have a minute at five just to give you a moral " think" lol.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Stop all these negative vibes just go get em girl. I will have a minute at five just to give you a moral " think" lol.
I'm sure I'll be more positive after the meet. I have issues which mean facing a group of strangers is very difficult.
It's more this is phasing me I think, rather than me not being positive about turning myself around :smile:

Ern1e

Über Member
I'm sure I'll be more positive after the meet. I have issues which mean facing a group of strangers is very difficult.
It's more this is phasing me I think, rather than me not being positive about turning myself around :smile:
Now come on remeber who you are which is a NURSE even if it is "ex" so walk in head up, you can do this plus everyone in that room is there for the same reason ! I was so worried my first night at being the only bloke in a room full of women lol, now who cares I got so much help from them it was simply brill ! The "force is with you" by that I mean us lot, and we DO CARE ok. Must go get something done so catch your report later cheers Ernie.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well....
It was extremely busy and I had a bit of a moment and couldn't go in. Someone noticed me hovering about and took me outside the main room to sit.
The lady running it came out and sat with us (3 new members) and went over all the info etc. It seems even easier than when I followed it years ago!
I stayed for the full meeting as it got quieter as lot of people just stayed to be weighed.
The people were nice, mostly older and although my weight shocked me, I wasn't the heaviest person there.

I am determined to do this and am going shopping when Mr SL comes in from his night shift in the morning.
Only then will I have breakfast and it's all go tomorrow so I won't have time to think about eating crap!

puffinbilly

Veteran
Well played @ScotiaLass - we all have issues its the overcoming them that's the key. You've made the most important decision - that you want to do it - and now it's just keeping to what you want to do.

I've seen your posts in various parts of this forum and you always come across as positive and really enjoying your cycling - if you want to lose weight and get fit I'd say your pretty much there on how you'll do it, Get out on the bike and see those pounds drop off and you live in a beautiful part of the world to enjoy.

Just thought I'd post a few encouraging words - I've never had problems weight wise but can appreciate the drive and determination to do something - so go on - you'll get loads of encouragement here.

Ern1e

Über Member
Well done @ScotiaLass that's the hardest part over with ! Now is the weight worse than you thought before, but you need not dwell on it because you aregoing to loose it for sure. The "plan" certainly is a lot easier these days and once you get into it becomes even more so, did the consultant explain the extra easy sp ? I tried that for a week ours told us to do it for a week then return to extra easy for a week etc. That week I lost 7 lbs but must admit I did miss the spuds lol, so when you go shopping buy wisely.

Lisat

@ScotiaLass I too went to group last night. It was a relief to go back after the couple of months off. I knew I had put on some weight but I am still less than I started thank goodness although I wouldn't have been if I had stayed away much longer.
I don't think I would have gone back so soon if it hadn't been for this thread. So thank you for that.
Bonus was I won the raffle, so I spent last night making couscous and feta salad stuff.
Here's to a fab first week.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well played @ScotiaLass - we all have issues its the overcoming them that's the key. You've made the most important decision - that you want to do it - and now it's just keeping to what you want to do.

I've seen your posts in various parts of this forum and you always come across as positive and really enjoying your cycling - if you want to lose weight and get fit I'd say your pretty much there on how you'll do it, Get out on the bike and see those pounds drop off and you live in a beautiful part of the world to enjoy.

Just thought I'd post a few encouraging words - I've never had problems weight wise but can appreciate the drive and determination to do something - so go on - you'll get loads of encouragement here.
Many thanks, that means a lot.
I've struggled with my weight since I had two of my five children, just one year apart.
I am determined and do want to be fitter and my goal is to take part in some sort of charity event...100 miles would be my goal but currently I haven't managed more than 35 miles in one go!

Fubar

Guru
Overnight oats again for breakfast.:tongue:

I did have a bad day on Wednesday and it just went pear shaped. Back on track yesterday though. Wednesday is the first time I've gone madly over syns. The first time that I have craved fruit scones (warm, no butter or jam :hungry:) for a long time. There may have been some ice lollies involved too. Heigh ho. I doubt that I will show on the scale come Wednesday

Support is the key thing with diet clubs, The Weight Watchers thread is great on here. It's that little extra boost on some days for me.

So what's the deal with these Overnight Oats then? Had a quick look, is the porridge not awfully dry???

Saluki

World class procrastinator
So what's the deal with these Overnight Oats then? Had a quick look, is the porridge not awfully dry???
You make them the night before and the yoghurt and fruit soaks in to the oats and they swell up and are yummy.

Layer 35g oats (if doing slimming world) with natural fat free (or flavoured fat free i.e. muller light, if that's what floats your boat) and frozen fruit (£1.49 for a big tub in Aldi) into 2 or 3 layers. I use a Kilner Jar. Stick lid on and put in fridge. I make mine around 6 or 7pm so they get a good 12 hours of overnighting. I've never had a dry oat yet. Frozen fruit is wonderful as the juice leaks out as it defrosts and soaks into the oats.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Slimming World today and I had not lost an oz on their scales. However, at the docs this morning, I was 2lb lighter than last time so 10st 8lbs. Slimming World Scales 11st 3lbs still (no half a stone award this week @Ern1e was right :notworthy:) so out of interest, I got on the scales at the gym. This was after a couple of coffees, a fair bit of water and a 25 minute jog and I had my trainers on. The gym scales said 10st 10lbs, which would tally roughly with mine and the docs scales.
At the docs, I said "Are you sure these are accurate". Doc said 'hold on a sec' stuck her head in the next office and beckoned me through. She said 'stand on those' and lo, I was the exact same weight in the nurses office as I was in the doc's office.
SW leader reckons that the difference is 'natural bodily fluctuations'. So in 20 minutes from doc to meeting I naturally fluctuated on 9lbs and then naturally fluctuated off 7lb after drinking a lot, eating an apple and having a run.:laugh::laugh:

I know how much I weigh. I like the meetings, and the people and it's round the corner from the gym so no excuses there.:training:

Ern1e

Über Member
Slimming World today and I had not lost an oz on their scales. However, at the docs this morning, I was 2lb lighter than last time so 10st 8lbs. Slimming World Scales 11st 3lbs still (no half a stone award this week @Ern1e was right :notworthy:) so out of interest, I got on the scales at the gym. This was after a couple of coffees, a fair bit of water and a 25 minute jog and I had my trainers on. The gym scales said 10st 10lbs, which would tally roughly with mine and the docs scales.
At the docs, I said "Are you sure these are accurate". Doc said 'hold on a sec' stuck her head in the next office and beckoned me through. She said 'stand on those' and lo, I was the exact same weight in the nurses office as I was in the doc's office.
SW leader reckons that the difference is 'natural bodily fluctuations'. So in 20 minutes from doc to meeting I naturally fluctuated on 9lbs and then naturally fluctuated off 7lb after drinking a lot, eating an apple and having a run.:laugh::laugh:

I know how much I weigh. I like the meetings, and the people and it's round the corner from the gym so no excuses there.:training:
I have also had similar results with sw scales ! so all I did was set my pat figure at what our own scales said worked out what the sw ones weighed me at and set it at that figure ie ours weigh me at 14 st. sw 14st 6lbs pat target 14st 7lbs. So I always weigh myself just before we go then I always know where I am at lol.

Top Bottom