Slimming World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
You make them the night before and the yoghurt and fruit soaks in to the oats and they swell up and are yummy.

Layer 35g oats (if doing slimming world) with natural fat free (or flavoured fat free i.e. muller light, if that's what floats your boat) and frozen fruit (£1.49 for a big tub in Aldi) into 2 or 3 layers. I use a Kilner Jar. Stick lid on and put in fridge. I make mine around 6 or 7pm so they get a good 12 hours of overnighting. I've never had a dry oat yet. Frozen fruit is wonderful as the juice leaks out as it defrosts and soaks into the oats.

Just tried my first batch, the top layer was nice as (as you say) the frozen fruit soaked in - however the next layer was really dry. It's a big jar so I'm keeping the rest to add some more fruit tonight...

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
This morning I had a 2 egg omelette with ham and mushroom.
I made spag bol last night so am having the leftovers for lunch with a baked potato.
Tonight it's grilled chicken with broccoli and sweet potato mash :hungry:

A question though....you know you get one choice each from A and B?
Well yesterday I chose the milk option from A but there was nothing I fancied in B, so I didn't have anything.
Is that ok? Oh and I only had 4.5 of my 15 syn allowances. Is that ok too?

Rykard

Veteran
This morning I had a 2 egg omelette with ham and mushroom.
I made spag bol last night so am having the leftovers for lunch with a baked potato.
Tonight it's grilled chicken with broccoli and sweet potato mash :hungry:

A question though....you know you get one choice each from A and B?
Well yesterday I chose the milk option from A but there was nothing I fancied in B, so I didn't have anything.
Is that ok? Oh and I only had 4.5 of my 15 syn allowances. Is that ok too?

it's ok to not have all your sins, my oh doesn't always, but saving them up is a bit iffy, some people at my oh's group save sins for a weekend blowout...

Big Dave laaa

Biking Ninja
I wish you all the very best of luck :thumbsup: the biggest problem with both slimming world and weight watchers is that they have you constantly thinking about food, even if it is healthy food. My partner found it a strain because food was always on her mind. Try zoning out and concentrating on a hobby or interest and food just becomes something you need for energy. Anyhow as I said, the very best of luck to you all.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Just tried my first batch, the top layer was nice as (as you say) the frozen fruit soaked in - however the next layer was really dry. It's a big jar so I'm keeping the rest to add some more fruit tonight...
More fruit and yoghurt on the bottom layer tonight then. It's a bit experimental but you'll find what works best for you.
Skyr yoghurt and the Total yoghurt, Liberte as well, are rubbish for Overnight Oats. You want cheap and cheerful own brand natural yoghurt or something like Muller Light yoghurt for best soaking in. I tried it with gorgeous Skyr yoghurt and it was just dry oats.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
@ScotiaLass
Try and have your B box. Even if it's just a bowl of cornflakes, or a round of wholemeal bread. There are lots of options for your B box. I don't eat bread very often so Oats it is for me, or a couple of Hi-Fi bars that I keep in the fridge for emergencies. I get a box a fortnight, there are only 6 in a box but I find that does me. At the weekends, where I have SW snorkers, or quorn snorkers, eggs, mushrooms, beans etc I sometimes forget to have my B but I do try and make the effort to have it. I don't suppose a miss here and there will have much effect. I have problems getting my A box down my neck.

I had O/Oats this morning, lunch was a bit hit and miss and I opted for a pot of cottage cheese before my bike ride. Bloomin' famished now so I've had an emergency Hi-fi bar (3 syns) and I am cooking SW chips and have 2 SW snorkers in the oven. I might go mad and have a poached egg too. I did have a couple of mints on the ride and half a small muffin, I'll call it 6syns but I don't get terribly excited about half a muffin for a 30 mile ride.

Some days I have about 3 syns, sometimes 12 or so. Very occasionally, I have 18 but that would be a heavy exercise day. Weight wise, I'm not far off where I want to be so not going to get anal about it. My jeans are a bit big so happy with that.

I've got another hour of bike riding today as well.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
@ScotiaLass
Try and have your B box. Even if it's just a bowl of cornflakes, or a round of wholemeal bread. There are lots of options for your B box. I don't eat bread very often so Oats it is for me, or a couple of Hi-Fi bars that I keep in the fridge for emergencies. I get a box a fortnight, there are only 6 in a box but I find that does me. At the weekends, where I have SW snorkers, or quorn snorkers, eggs, mushrooms, beans etc I sometimes forget to have my B but I do try and make the effort to have it. I don't suppose a miss here and there will have much effect. I have problems getting my A box down my neck.

I had O/Oats this morning, lunch was a bit hit and miss and I opted for a pot of cottage cheese before my bike ride. Bloomin' famished now so I've had an emergency Hi-fi bar (3 syns) and I am cooking SW chips and have 2 SW snorkers in the oven. I might go mad and have a poached egg too. I did have a couple of mints on the ride and half a small muffin, I'll call it 6syns but I don't get terribly excited about half a muffin for a 30 mile ride.

Some days I have about 3 syns, sometimes 12 or so. Very occasionally, I have 18 but that would be a heavy exercise day. Weight wise, I'm not far off where I want to be so not going to get anal about it. My jeans are a bit big so happy with that.

I've got another hour of bike riding today as well.
We're opposites. I love the A choices and don't have a problem choosing one.
I'm not a huge cereal fan....bread...can't just have one roll :laugh:
I don't mind the cereal bars but I don't have any in at the moment.
I use my syns for sugar in my tea (well it's sugar/sweetener stuff) but I usually only have 1-2 mugs a day. Tonight I used 7 for a Blue Dragon sauce for my stir fry. It was lovely.
I'm not that hungry, just trying to break bad habits.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Well done SL. I'm really proud of you girlfriend.
Thanks. Say your proud when I've dropped 6 stone :laugh:

Fubar

Guru
More fruit and yoghurt on the bottom layer tonight then. It's a bit experimental but you'll find what works best for you.
Skyr yoghurt and the Total yoghurt, Liberte as well, are rubbish for Overnight Oats. You want cheap and cheerful own brand natural yoghurt or something like Muller Light yoghurt for best soaking in. I tried it with gorgeous Skyr yoghurt and it was just dry oats.

Ah, that may be it - I have some posh stuff from Waitrose...

I've mixed in some more fruit and water tonight, I'll let you know how it goes!

Ern1e

Über Member
Thanks. Say your proud when I've dropped 6 stone :laugh:
Only SIX !!! well I for one am proud of you that you made it through the door ! in an earlier post you though it may have been seven, so that's a plus already ? Now comes confession time I have never and I mean never got the hang of the A & B stuff lol so on that issue I will go with @Saluki on those and my oh agrees with her also. Seriously it's looking good so far with what you have had so far only thing I could add is if you buy in cereal bars other that the Hi Fi bars sold by SW be sure to check the syn values on them, I once bought some alpen bars which where very high syn's compared to the SW ones.

Ern1e

Über Member
I wish you all the very best of luck :thumbsup: the biggest problem with both slimming world and weight watchers is that they have you constantly thinking about food, even if it is healthy food. My partner found it a strain because food was always on her mind. Try zoning out and concentrating on a hobby or interest and food just becomes something you need for energy. Anyhow as I said, the very best of luck to you all.
To a point I do agree that both sw and ww have you thinking about food but this was something both me and the wife NEED to do,but once you have been at it for a while (slimming that is) it just becomes second nature in as much as I tend to plan tomorrow's meals before I go to bed, I believe in the 6p plan (proper planning prevents pi** poor performance) lol, and having lost 8st 10lbs "thinking" about food I would say that's the way to go !

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Only SIX !!! well I for one am proud of you that you made it through the door ! in an earlier post you though it may have been seven, so that's a plus already ? Now comes confession time I have never and I mean never got the hang of the A & B stuff lol so on that issue I will go with @Saluki on those and my oh agrees with her also. Seriously it's looking good so far with what you have had so far only thing I could add is if you buy in cereal bars other that the Hi Fi bars sold by SW be sure to check the syn values on them, I once bought some alpen bars which where very high syn's compared to the SW ones.
The Alpen Light ones are ok for one of the choices and you can have 2.
I don't know that I could do without my milk as aa A choice, but I also love my cheese so it's going to have to be a choice.
I could use the milk as a syn - it's only for my tea.

Ern1e

Über Member
The Alpen Light ones are ok for one of the choices and you can have 2.
I don't know that I could do without my milk as aa A choice, but I also love my cheese so it's going to have to be a choice.
I could use the milk as a syn - it's only for my tea.
I am not overly sure but if I remember correctly 20grms of cheese is about 6 syns ? on the milk front we don't have it in brews so all the allowance is used up for my porridge in the morning, on the alpen bars yes they are good to go the ones I tried where the hob nob ones ok they are very good but when I looked up the syn value omg

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
I am not overly sure but if I remember correctly 20grms of cheese is about 6 syns ? on the milk front we don't have it in brews so all the allowance is used up for my porridge in the morning, on the alpen bars yes they are good to go the ones I tried where the hob nob ones ok they are very good but when I looked up the syn value omg
Not if you have it as an A choice.
You can have varying amounts depending on the type of cheese....75g of reduced fat (plain) 35g of Edam, 45g Feta etc
I like my cheese but I'd rather have the milk...saying that I'll probably mix it up a bit and have cheese sometimes, and just use syns for milk that I use in tea. Sorted!

Top Bottom