Slowly losing patience with Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Right. I've given them three days to find my lost returned items and refund me but it's like banging your head against a wall! I've sent off countless e mails and waited for them to phone me back which they haven't done. I returned some shorts and a cap on the 25th of June via the Royal Mail. I've waited patiently for the refund to show up on my mini bank statements since then but nothing's appeared. In the past they have withheld refunds saying that they'll keep the money in my account in case i want to buy something off them in the future. The other day i e mailed them asking how much credit i had as i fancied buying a few items off them. They replied that my account was empty. So what about the money from my returned items i asked? Apparently i either haven't returned them or they have got lost in the post. I have the receipt from the post office proving that i sent the parcel and i've tracked the parcel to Rotherham where it was signed for. Not only that but they also promised a £10 refund for a jacket i bought which was then reduced in price the following day
(https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/should-i-ask-for-a-reduction-or-refund.203179/page-2 9th post down) . So i've worked it out that they owe me 45 quid. I'm sat here waiting for an e mail which will probably say the same old stuff they've said before. One thing's for sure if/when i get my money back i won't be buying off them again!!

Last edited:

Nibor

Bewildered
Managed to break a seat clamp of theirs with a little slightly over zealous tightening and although they argued the toss they did replace it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4397729, member: 259"]That's a shame, as I have always found them to be fine and on two occasions had to return things it all went very quickly. But if you have a registered delivery you'll be OK.[/QUOTE]

But how can i prove that i sent those items back? I only hove proof of a parcel being sent costing £3.95. I don't have proof of the items in the parcel.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I sent off 2 more e mails half an hour ago. Telling them i have tracked the parcel and given them the name of the person who signed for it and the date and time

Still no reply.:dry:

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-4_11-41-24.png
    upload_2016-8-4_11-41-24.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 67

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
According to the receipt i used Royal Mail signed for 2nd Class.
Your best bet, I would say, is to claim from RM if insurance is offered with the service you used(not sure though)
PlanetX can get real busy sometimes and be slow at doing everything. But if you sent it back in June, then that is quite a while ago.
See what happens mate. Enquire to RM maybe?

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
signed for so you have POD shouldn't be a problem
Good point!
You can track it online and see who signed for it.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Your best bet, I would say, is to claim from RM if insurance is offered with the service you used(not sure though)
PlanetX can get real busy sometimes and be slow at doing everything. But if you sent it back in June, then that is quite a while ago.
See what happens mate. Enquire to RM maybe?

Yes, i'm off into town soon. I might ask them in the PO what they suggest.

Top Bottom