Slowly losing patience with Planet X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Claiming from the Royal Mail won't work. They delivered the parcel. Planet X can be horrific, I would just contact your card company (credit or debit).
True! I am very happy with PX, but you are right. They can be very slow.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Ring them, email them, livechat if thats even possible and tell them by withholding your refunds they are breaking or in breach of the sale of goods act and if they continue to ignore your emails then you will have no choice but to initiate a claim with a small claims court to get the money you are owed back.

This alone should see them act pretty quickly

Last edited:

grimpeur

Veteran
I don't buy anything from Planet X any more. They are unethical at times in how they treat their customers. Your experience of having to hound them to get a refund is not an isolated case I can assure you.

vickster

Legendary Member
If over £100 (or £50?), Visa debit guarantee. Call the bank

I had this with a company, returned one item of two. No response for ages. CC company refunded the full amount for both items. Company came back PDQ when they realised!

Globalti

Legendary Member
It took Planet X about a month to give me two refunds for goods I returned. When I enquired they told me they had a large backlog. If I was them I would be prioritising sales over returns.

I would sit down and write them a proper, formal letter giving them all the facts, dates, any evidence set out to enable them to research it properly. You can't expect them to operate off phone calls to different people in the office.

ayceejay

Guru
What you are dealing with is mainly due to the online shopping dynamic that is only half cooked.
In Canada where distances often preclude personal shopping it is not unusual for a company (Altitude sports for instance) to include a return label or bag with the purchased item. They expect problems when people only get to try the item on or examine it after it is delivered and have a system set up for return - refunds etc. Having had a serious problem recently if you get a company that starts with the assumption that any problem related to an item bought online is the customers responsibility it is much harder to prove with photographs and third party testimony when the person holding the money has the upper hand.
Good luck accy

Globalti

Legendary Member
I know nothing at all about Planet X but I would expect to find it staffed by people with bags of enthusiasm for cycling but not much experience in business or office procedures.

Top Bottom