Smooth legs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sargent

Greetings fellow cyclers

So, i have this problem. My legs are quite rough, and a bit hairy.

By rough, i mean, little pimples all over the show.

Yeah, i know. Im totally vein!

My question is, can anyone recommend some sort of moisturiser or cream to put on, to either get rid of these pimples or make my legs feel smoother?

Cheers

andyhunter

Shaving would = smoother. Apply moisturiser daily every 12hours would result in softer and better skin over a period of time.

OP
OP
Sargent

Sargent

Yeah im usually up in the night. If not twice!

What moisturiser do you recommend?

and, thanks!

Fiona N

Veteran
The roughness and plimpliness are quite likely to be due to old skin which isn't being lost quickly enough - so before moisturiser (which could make things worse) try scrubbing off some of the old skin - loofah, body brush, whatever is to hand (although nail brushes are a bit harsh :smile:), in the shower/bath with some soap and water to soften the skin. Then moisturise - there are loads of sorts of skin creams and lotions in Boots but many are (horribly) perfumed which you may not want, so either go for unperfumed (often marked hypoallergenic) or something with a bit of tea tree oil in it as this is nicely manly smelling :biggrin:

battered

Guru
Vaseline is as effective a moisturiser as Nivea Clarins Bio Phyto Nutrigloss Complex. It doesn't feel as nice though. Same goes for veg oil.

I therefore recommend slathering your legs in whatever feels nice and smells OK. Nice bit of lard then.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I've become addicted to Aqueous cream.It was recommended for my baby and it's amazing stuff. A big pot is £2.99 and it's still half full - he's 6 months old. I've started nicking it for myself. Get it from boots or superdrug.

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
battered said:
Vaseline is as effective a moisturiser as Nivea Clarins Bio Phyto Nutrigloss Complex. It doesn't feel as nice though. Same goes for veg oil.

I therefore recommend slathering your legs in whatever feels nice and smells OK. Nice bit of lard then.

NO to vaseline! It's petroleum and is very drying in the long term, but is useful for protection from infection of cuts and grazes. One of the best moisturisers is aloe vera, even better if you add some extra virgin olive oil to it.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Cathryn said:
I've become addicted to Aqueous cream.It was recommended for my baby and it's amazing stuff. A big pot is £2.99 and it's still half full - he's 6 months old. I've started nicking it for myself. Get it from boots or superdrug.

Yuk - hate the stuff ... at one stage the doctor used to prescribe it to deal with what he thought was eczema (turned out to be psoriasis). Love the stuff which is lovely and smelly now... but always smell in the shop first... or if Body shop try it.

Babs

Cathryn said:
I now have my nurse hat on !! (Entitles me to be bossy!) We now recommend aqueous cream as a soap substitute rather than a moisturiser - so you slap it on to dry skin, leap in the bath or shower - or if it's a baby hold onto it carefully as now very slippery - rinse off in plain water with a flannel or scrubby thing if you wish (not on babies) pat the skin dry then use a heavier cream on the dry skin bits (Diprobase/Doublebase) I like Jojoba Oil which is actually a wax but behaves like an oil - it is a natural product and most closely resembles the oils that our skin produces; it does not smell, and penetrates the skin really well - but is tricky to find and not really cheap - but can be easily bought on line - just use Google or similar.

zacklaws

Guru
Aqueous cream:- £1 for a 500ml tub from Netto's, I bought some this week to see if it would be any good to use as a substitute for chamois cream.

Top Bottom