Snow?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A light dusting on the garden on the other side of Bolton (Bradley Fold)

What we need in this country is proper snow, not the wet stuff that freezes overnight making for a nightmare on a bike come the morning. For just one month starting Christmas Eve I would like to see a metre of snow in a low humidity atmosphere, roads cleared easily and a magical countryside to ride through. At the end of that period the buds would be forming on all plants, the birds would sing. the sun........oh sorry, the alarm clock has just gone off, where was I? As I was saying the first big dump of wet white stuff [at least one centimetre says the news reader in a serious, sombre tone]] is due to arrive overnight and car accidents will double. the roads will run with salt infused water and our bottom brackets will be fecked before Spring.
It's a wonderful time of year.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
We have so little it isn't worth mentioning it.... :sad:

Paddygt

Woke up to about 1cm of snow, forecast is for another 10cm later in the afternoon. Best get my walking boots out :-)

Are you out in it today HLaB?

green1

Über Member
Looked out the window and decided to my car to work this morning, big mistake, halfway to work it started snowing, an hour later there's 3 inches lying and if it carries on like this I'll be going home at lunchtime. Should have taken the OH's car as it's got winter tyres and she can walk/get the bus in to work.

Top Bottom