Some Ebayers! Grrrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
What is is about people that makes them not understand the concept of giving an address so someone can come and give them money for stuff?

I have won items for collection on Ebay and quite frequently I get sellers who say 'No problem about collection, just phone when you are on your way.' and then don't give an address or phone number!

Others, when pushed for an address, describe where they live '...just down the high street, second left and opposite the church...' or '...just come into xxx village and we're near the pub...' but don't give the actual address! :wacko:

All I want to do is arrange a round trip to collect several items in the same area in one trip to save mileage.:ohmy:
Rant over.

tyred

Legendary Member
I have bought items from people who want payment by cheque and then you spend days chasing them for a name and address.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
Also, why aren't invoices automatically generated and emailed?
I need invoices for my business purchases and it is a pain having to print the 'Sucessful Bidder' pages for my accountant.

tyred

Legendary Member
Surely it's a bit stupid to insist on sellers offering Paypal if not all sellers can use it. Bound to cause confusion.

tyred

Legendary Member
I can no longer use Paypal either for some still unexplained reason. What I have found is that even buyers who specify Paypal only will take a cheque if you ask nicely.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
barq said:
You can use the search for contact information page and ebay will give you the number.

But yes, it is a bit daft of them not just to give you the details.
Yes, I could do that and just tried it. Very convoluted having to cut and paste funny user id and item number and then go to my email to get the phone number.

When I get a sale I would just send the buyer my address and number on completion and ask them to contact me re: collection as it is easier then letting them do the runaround to find out.

gbb

Legendary Member
tyred said:
Surely it's a bit stupid to insist on sellers offering Paypal if not all sellers can use it. Bound to cause confusion.

Being the cynic i are...by making Paypal compulsory, they're just increasing the money they can make from sales. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mr Pig

tyred said:
If you were collecting something in person, to me, cash would be the sensible way to pay.

If someone arrived at my door to buy something and wanted to pay by cheque I'd refuse it. I know people who've lost a lot of money when cheques bounced.

OP
OP
Night Train

Night Train

Maker of Things
tyred said:
If you were collecting something in person, to me, cash would be the sensible way to pay.
Yep, same here.

Although I have offered to PayPal on a collection once as I had arranged with a seller for a couple of weeks delay before I could collect.

Top Bottom