Some members on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Greedo said:
That's got absolutley nothing to do with me getting banned. He was mentioning post I had made about me personally. The posts I was banned for a picture I posted, nothing about me :troll:
What was the pic of greedo?

OP
OP
G

Greedo

longers said:
I over reacted and typed exactly what I was thinking at the time. Then yes I did change it as it's not acceptable.
I'd expect to get grief for saying that to anyone on here.

Don't worry I am just making a point about double standards by some. At least you were being honest. I can take it. I'm a tad thicker skinned than that:biggrin:

And despite cubist take on my reply I wasn't being menacing by any means. Maybe admit if we were in a pub and you called me that I might have a different take on it but not on a forum I have never taken seriously

OP
OP
G

Greedo

potsy said:
What was the pic of greedo?

It was a picture from the Daily Mail of Les Dawsons daughter who was a nice looking big breasted girl. To be fair to Shaun though there was a bit of previous from the previous night about pictures of a couples wedding day I posted. Think that thread is in 101

OP
OP
G

Greedo

User1314 said:
Look. Move on. Nothing more to see here.

Everyone sit back down.

Cafe won't be as an interesting a place if Greedo goes. He has taken admin's words and actioned them. On the whole. Don't mind his posts about his bling. Just as I don't mind other people's posts about baking, drinking tea and living in bedsits. Any interesting place needs a 360 degrees membership.

Greedo's alright. He makes me laugh. I'm backing him. (That's the first Tuesday in June I'm in Glasgow. You can buy me a couple of beers).

Look forward to it. Wee curry too maybe?

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Greedo said:
That's got absolutley nothing to do with me getting banned. He was mentioning post I had made about me personally. The posts I was banned for a picture I posted, nothing about me :troll:
It's all part of the bigger context though, the posts you make reflect the way that people here interpret you - people don't just react to one post at a time.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I assumed from the terrible grammar in the OP that Greedo was still p*ssed from his liquid lunch and it was worth ignoring the sentiments expressed.
The big yang's syntax and prose is normally Shakespearian in its breadth and verbiosity but that was pure Joycian Ulysses:wacko:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

rich p said:
I assumed from the terrible grammar in the OP that Greedo was still p*ssed from his liquid lunch and it was worth ignoring the sentiments expressed.
The big yang's syntax and prose is normally Shakespearian in its breadth and verbiosity but that was pure Joycian Ulysses:wacko:

I had had a few

Ya sarky auld yin GIT!!! :troll:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

rich p said:
Bloody hell, I thought deep fried Mars bars would be bad enough. You Scots would eat anything!;)

:troll:

Cubist

Still wavin'
Greedo said:
Don't worry I am just making a point about double standards by some. At least you were being honest. I can take it. I'm a tad thicker skinned than that:biggrin:

And despite cubist take on my reply I wasn't being menacing by any means. Maybe admit if we were in a pub and you called me that I might have a different take on it but not on a forum I have never taken seriously

That is your number one error though Greedo.

I have a simple rule when posting. If I wouldn't say it face to face/in the pub/toe to toe, then I don't type it online.

Longers retracted his insult, but you are now seeking to make considerable capital out of it. His was a perfectly understandable reaction to your bizarre attempts at your take on "humour".

Oh, and by the way, the world is made up of all sorts of people. Not all think or act the way you do, nor does everybody's sense of humour line up like yours.

I'll continue to ignore the majority of your inane ramblings, but in exactly the same way that I would have jumped to the defence of Arch and Longers in a pub, I reserve the right to reply with my opinion.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Baggy said:
It's all part of the bigger context though, the posts you make reflect the way that people here interpret you - people don't just react to one post at a time.

Well that's their choice. Maybe it's just when someone in my life makes an admission of error. say's they will correct their ways, I give them the benefit of the doubt and leave the past in the past. I certainly wouldn't assasinate their character 5 months later about the same stuff when they clearly haven't said or done what they used to. I was just stating that since my post content was mentioned as boring, tedious or vulgar I have continued to post drivel and things I find funny but in no way have posted anything about my personal life as requested.

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Cubist said:
That is your number one error though Greedo.

I have a simple rule when posting. If I wouldn't say it face to face/in the pub/toe to toe, then I don't type it online.

Longers retracted his insult, but you are now seeking to make considerable capital out of it. His was a perfectly understandable reaction to your bizarre attempts at your take on "humour".

Oh, and by the way, the world is made up of all sorts of people. Not all think or act the way you do, nor does everybody's sense of humour line up like yours.

I'll continue to ignore the majority of your inane ramblings, but in exactly the same way that I would have jumped to the defence of Arch and Longers in a pub, I reserve the right to reply with my opinion.

Me too that's why I didn't react to it.

Well no doubt I'll hear from you soon Cubist in another thread, another time. And yes you are right. It would be a funny world if we were all the same. That's why it's so interesting.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Greedo said:
And yes you are right. It would be a funny world if we were all the same. That's why it's so interesting.
So stop complaining about all the so-called miserable posts and posters on here who need to get a life then :troll:

longers

Legendary Member
I haven't felt menaced but thanks Cubist.

Not wanting to drag this out much further but I don't read your posts with the hope that there will be something to have a pop at you about Greedo. Can we draw a line under this please?

Glow worm

Legendary Member
jig-sore said:
just to add my opinon...

...this forum is actually quite light hearted. i actually like the fact that most of the "unfriendly" comments are taken with a pinch of salt.

Completely agree. As a self confessed radio anorak :troll:, I lurk on a few radio forums sometimes and compared to there, CC is a paradise of charm, intelligence and witty banter. Most of you I guess already know this but many forums are a lot, lot worse. Some are just downright nasty even bullying. If you can bear it, check out http://members7.boardhost.com/PirateRadio/index.html?1273933755
and scroll down to a thread called 'Peter Moore's Radio Caroline' for a classic example. You'll never have a bad word to say about CC again!

So even though I can moan along with the best of them, especially after a bad 'incident ridden' day sometimes, and I get some often well deserved criticism for it, it doesn't worry me in the least as things here are remarkably polite and civilised in comparison to some sites.

Now time for a proper moan. I'm grounded. Spoke has broken on back wheel and it's on the cassette side and I don't have one of them cassette removing things. Doom. It's sunny as well...;)

Top Bottom