Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
Anyone acquainted with a place known as the Hurlet will have noticed the new crematorium going up next to the new funeral parlour, which is just over the road from the old folks home.

Certainly reducing their carbon footprint. :eek:
They should really put a crem on cruise ships. I mean they have morgues, but what better send off than cremated at sea with the remains of your party watching on from the Captains table, as your remains are ejected into the ocean! I'm pretty sure its what cruise ship fanatics would want.

They play for the ashes near us.

1635253481472.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My sister has bought a cottage in Devon and I have been down there a couple of times this year to visit her. On my exploratory rides round SE Devon I have discovered that Devonians apparently were not happy to buy puppies to keep them company during Covid lockdowns. Instead they chose deer. The thing is, they hadn't really thought it through properly. Yes, does (the deer; the female deer) are cute, but stags get to be a bit of a handful once they grow. They are difficult to house-train, they eat a lot, and they get awfully aggressive when rutting. That probably explains the plethora of these signs dotted around the Devon lanes... :whistle:

:laugh:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur

Alex321

Veteran
that's a village in Devon somewhere from memory, once a year "ceremony"
Ottery St Mary https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottery_St_Mary#Tar_Barrels
My initial guess was Lewes as it's a place where they go bonkers with fire and fireworks. But my guess was wrong
I thought it was the Allendale one, given the Kings Arms pub. But that one is actually the Kings Head, not the Kings Arms. I've seen the Allendale one live, when visiting my brother in Weardale for New Year.

They should really put a crem on cruise ships. I mean they have morgues, but what better send off than cremated at sea with the remains of your party watching on from the Captains table, as your remains are ejected into the ocean! I'm pretty sure its what cruise ship fanatics would want.
If the morgue becomes full, they have to put the extra bodies in the icecream freezer, which leads to “ice-cream days” when the displaced ice cream is given away.

Top Bottom