Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Not a road sign per se but I thought you might like this maxim on the Welsh Bridge in Shrewsbury:

Mike_P

Guru
Baffling motorway digital sign encountered this pm - A1(M) via M18 5 mins. I was on the M18 heading towards the A1(M) so the "via M18" was pretty unneccessary.

Sharky

Guru
I'd never heard of the Road and Path Cycling Association. There's a bit of history about them here: https://www.cyclingnorthwales.uk/cycling-history/road-path-cycling-association/

Apparently there is a sign in Ightham in Kent. I'll look out for it next time I ride through.
Doesn't "Path" refer to track racing?

I too go through Ightham quite often, past that pub, but on the way out it's at the botton of a steep hill and I never want lose momentum by stopping and on the way back, am going too fast and the pub is just a blur.

Must stop though next time and look out for it.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Anyone mentioned the well known road in south Birmingham with the good chippy ? Dog Poo lane.
council have given up replacement of the L 😀
My local chippy and has been for nigh on 30 years (despite moving house several times), and just a few minutes down the road from me.

T4tomo

Guru
One that confusing me last week

"This road will be closed northbound from 10/01/2022"

the road runs E-W:laugh:

Alex321

Veteran
View attachment 626110 Saw this one in Wales. There's no way you'd have noticed it on a bike mind you.

Can't say that altogether surprises me.

Some of the bike lanes are a bit weird the way they end in Cardiff. There is one I use on the way in to work, but not on the way home, because in that direction it is on the right side of the road, and just terminates at a junction where I want to go straight across, leaving you effectively stranded on the wrong side.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
View attachment 626110 Saw this one in Wales. There's no way you'd have noticed it on a bike mind you.
:eek: That really should have been a hint to the designer that they had farked up! (The obvious fix would be to bring the right-hand road crossing in line with the cycleway before and after the crossing, but the location might need a different approach.)

Top Bottom