Strange Road Signs

Ian H

I am an ancient randonneur, & I often stop for tea
My best photo was of the women's barrels, which take place earlier in the evening. The picture must be at least 20yrs old now.

3007982507_38877352c7_c.jpg

Sorry, back to strange signs...

They should really put a crem on cruise ships. I mean they have morgues, but what better send off than cremated at sea with the remains of your party watching on from the Captains table, as your remains are ejected into the ocean! I'm pretty sure its what cruise ship fanatics would want.
If the morgue becomes full, they have to put the extra bodies in the icecream freezer, which leads to “ice-cream days” when the displaced ice cream is given away.

If the morgue becomes full, they have to put the extra bodies in the icecream freezer, which leads to “ice-cream days” when the displaced ice cream is given away.
In these pandemic days you would probably have to have a conveyor belt into the crem given the age group

Mind you - if I've gotta go - and it looks like it is difficult to avoid - then dying mid Atlantic and getting chucked overboard while anyone who cares about me gets p****d sound like a good option
Although at the moment dead is the only way I would want to go on a cruise ship!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Doesn't look very ottery to me...
I did a 100 km ride out that way on 12th October and despite riding through Ottery St Mary and down by the river Otter as far as Otterton, I didn't actually get to see see any otters - I want my money back!

Ian H

I am an ancient randonneur, & I often stop for tea
I did a 100 km ride out that way on 12th October and despite riding through Ottery St Mary and down by the river Otter as far as Otterton, I didn't actually get to see see any otters - I want my money back!
'Otter' is apparently from a word meaning bright water. Nothing to do with fauna. There are beavers though.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
St. Mary is the patron saint of Devon, and she, of course, was famously martyred by being eaten alive by otters.

According to Douglas in Cabin Pressure anyway.

Top Bottom