Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If the morgue becomes full, they have to put the extra bodies in the icecream freezer, which leads to “ice-cream days” when the displaced ice cream is given away.
In these pandemic days you would probably have to have a conveyor belt into the crem given the age group

Mind you - if I've gotta go - and it looks like it is difficult to avoid - then dying mid Atlantic and getting chucked overboard while anyone who cares about me gets p****d sound like a good option
Although at the moment dead is the only way I would want to go on a cruise ship!

Willd

Veteran
D'ya like :okay:

2021-11-14 12.59.55.jpg

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I did a 100 km ride out that way on 12th October and despite riding through Ottery St Mary and down by the river Otter as far as Otterton, I didn't actually get to see see any otters - I want my money back!
'Otter' is apparently from a word meaning bright water. Nothing to do with fauna. There are beavers though.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
St. Mary is the patron saint of Devon, and she, of course, was famously martyred by being eaten alive by otters.

According to Douglas in Cabin Pressure anyway.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Interesting... So 'Ring of Bright Water', a story about an otter, could have been called 'Ring of Otter'?! :laugh:
I recently rode some of the Tarka Trail. It's moderately grim even without the summer grockles.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Anyone mentioned the well known road in south Birmingham with the good chippy ? Dog Poo lane.
council have given up replacement of the L 😀
When I was a kid we used to find Dog Pool Lane amusing enough with no alteration. Out on a walk, every time the dog stopped to pee it was "Ha ha is this Dog Pool Lane?"

Top Bottom