Strange Road Signs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_1078.JPG

No... Its my Canyonee :whistle:

:tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Do report back colin.
I sort of fancy riding tod to rochdale
(Did i mention that there is an excellent in several ways spoons in Rochdale?)
'Bottoms' was bloody scary on a road bike! Big cobbles with big gaps between some of them, on a steep descent... It was dry today so I survived but that would be dangerously slippery when wet/icy/muddy/covered in damp leaves in the autumn.

The towpath from Salterhebble to Hollas Bridge was quite good, though the common problem of tree roots lifting tarmac was evident in many places. We took a back road from Hollas Bridge into the centre of Sowerby Bridge and both were busy when we passed through at 16:30. Better to find a quieter time. The towpath between the western side of Sowerby Bridge and Hebden Bridge has been improved in what were the worst sections. It isn't perfect, but I didn't have a problem on my best bike with 25C tyres. The section between Hebden Bridge and Tod is work in progress. Some sections have been improved but a lot of work remains to be done. The uneven, slippery, cobbled slipways haven't been touched (yet) and are therefore still accidents waiting to happen!

As for Wetherspoons in Rochdale... I haven't been to that one. I did go to a big interesting one in the centre of Manchester, built in an old library.

Surely the cobbles will be kept as they are colin?

They should be.

Heritage.
Minor divert.
The spoons in Rochdale is a big old cinema bang in the centre. It is also particularly good for beer. I thought I knew the main ones in manchester. Don't know one in an old library. Feel free to pm/mail me info.

D

Deleted member 26715

Fake, mistaken on so many levels and doesn't deserve the oxygen of publicity!
True but it just shows the attitude of some cage owners

Alex H

Legendary Member
This one set me thinking - there is a big farm the other side of the bridge.

The weight of your average fire engine is about 12 tons..................

I would think there's a bit of leeway in the weight posted and the 'real' limit - anyone know?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
This one set me thinking - there is a big farm the other side of the bridge.

The weight of your average fire engine is about 12 tons..................

View attachment 487592

I would think there's a bit of leeway in the weight posted and the 'real' limit - anyone know?
Not usually, especially with an unusual limit like that (not the usual 3.5t or 12t), as I understand it. It's more that it's left to the crew to decide whether the risk of collapsing the bridge is worth the other risks from not getting closer.

Top Bottom