Strava cycling app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I use a garmin 200 for tracking strava , i know its a separate device but the battery life is over 4 times as long and i can save courses and run breadcrumb routes of new courses, i am not sure if strava can do this on a phone.
Strava is addictive, i upload all of my rides even the slow ones as its fun to see how you are improving or struggling depending on the weather, how tired you are etc.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
When I upgraded my phone to a Samsung Android my first question to the Vodafone geek in the shop was could I get Strava on It :tongue:

As many have said its very addictive.
Once you have a few rides logged, then upload yuor details to Veloviewer so you can follow your progress :thumbsup:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I'm a recent convert, having never owned a garmin i assumed i wasn't part of the club.

Then i discovered an app for my blackberry and was converted.

I ride with a mix of ride buds and strava is a fantastic way for us all to track each others progress and even compete with each other over mileage.

The speed thing is of no interest, especially as strava takes it upon itself to ignore the bb app and add approximately 1 minute for every 6 that i ride, knocking out any hope of an accurate average time.

I also upload my gpx files to "ride with gps" which is actually a much better site with more ride info, but less used

jim55

Guru
I use a garmin 200 for tracking strava , i know its a separate device but the battery life is over 4 times as long and i can save courses and run breadcrumb routes of new courses, i am not sure if strava can do this on a phone.
Strava is addictive, i upload all of my rides even the slow ones as its fun to see how you are improving or struggling depending on the weather, how tired you are etc.
any links to using the breadcrumb trail feature on garmin 200?iv not used it as i dont really understand it

any links to using the breadcrumb trail feature on garmin 200?iv not used it as i dont really understand it
Just start the timer and its automatic. With the 305 there's an option to make a tcx course from the generated route and follow/ try to improve on it in future I presume the 200 is similar.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Download a gpx file to your device either from a mapping site or gpx sharing site. On your device select training and "follow course" . Your device will ask you to choose a course and the bread crumb trail will open up. Start timer, and you can zoom in and out of the trail. An arrow will show you where you are on the trail. If you stray from it will beep at you amd point you towards the trail. Simples.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I use it via the Android app but mainly to track longer rides/progress.

If you go segment chasing it seems to be the opening to a whole new world of pain ...

Top Bottom