Strava cycling app

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Miss

Miss

Regular
I'm not sure I want to be racing lol sounds like the app is a tad wicked lol

Mallory

The iPhone app results are always way out. I've used both my iphone & garmin 800 on the same rides and the garmin was far more accurate!!!

Mind u it was more accurate than Cyclemeter that have me regular top speeds of 80kph ;)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
The iPhone app results are always way out. I've used both my iphone & garmin 800 on the same rides and the garmin was far more accurate!!!

Mind u it was more accurate than Cyclemeter that have me regular top speeds of 80kph ;)
Evidently. The device which has the actual purpose of being a GPS, is pretty much always going to be better than a phone, on which GPS is one of many secondary functions.

boybiker

Guru
I use it to track the miles I have done. Or in this mornings case the miles I didn't track as I forgot to turn it on! :rolleyes:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Evidently. The device which has the actual purpose of being a GPS, is pretty much always going to be better than a phone, on which GPS is one of many secondary functions.
It was on the news about this when some one was blaming strava for stupidly fast "breaking the speed limit cant even do it on a moterbike times"
Some devices do not have a fast enough sample gps rate to give enough information so when it gets uploaded to strava you can get false reading of time/ distance making it appear you have gone faster on a segment than you really have .

Hip Priest

Veteran
I find it pretty inaccurate on the iPhone. It gives a good, rough log of your ride, but the stats are often way out.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Strava ,, i personaly would rather nail my face to the door and watch TV through the letter box, than spend my rides killing myself trying to beat some one ive never met , never riden with, and couldnt give a monkeys about.

on the road

Über Member
Nothing wrong with being a little competitive. If you don't want to rush around then that's your choice, no one's forcing you. It's a free world (apart from the politics that is :wacko: )

OP
OP
Miss

Miss

Regular
Haha :tongue: don't get me started on them lol

I want Wednesday to hurry so I can get out on bike :smile:

Top Bottom