Strava & it's suggested people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Two-Wheels

Typically as I open Strava on my phone it's not doing what I'm creating this thread about. Suggested people, athletes, whatever it says.

Anyway I'll open Strava at times (just not now) and rather than instantly see a feed of friends activities, I get a great list of people to add.

Something minor but just something I find a little annoying as well. If I'm interested in looking for someone to add then I'll actively go do that, I don't want it shoved in my face & having to scroll past it to get to what I want to see.

Is there a way of just turning it off?

Or is it a case of tough?

mustang1

Guru
I "think" they are all followers of people you follow/follow you.
I don't think you can stop them appearing other than by individually blocking them.
Agreed, they are a total PIA, but its the twitbook mentality that rules Strava.
FIFY:
Agreed, they are a total PIA, but its the twitbook mentality that rules anything connected to the internet.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
You should still see recent rides on your feed at the top but suggested friends will be there. One of the downsides to the app. have you checked the settings to untick the personalise the feed option and switch to chronological? This might not affect but worth a shot.

OP
OP
T

Two-Wheels

Ah I've come away from Facebook & the like. Actually I had to recently re-activate my Facebook because I have a few items I want to sell & it quickly reminded me why I deactivated my account.

I have an Insta to follow a few people and TikTok but yeah I'm very conscious of how it makes me feel. Even moreso after watching The Social Dilemma. TikTok is absolutely awful for it. It generates such a feeling of frustration. I'll scroll through and see interesting videos on various jobs on the car for example, a few funny animal videos etc. but then you'll keep scrolling on and see some barely 18yr old with her baps out purely for a few likes & it winds me up no end.

Anyway no all the rides & activities aren't at the top - it's suggested potential friends which I have to scroll beyond to get to the activities. Not the end of the world, just a bit annoying.

And yes, the challenges! When a friend joins about 20 of them & you have to scroll past it all to see someones activity.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
My Strava doesn't do this. Possibly because I don't use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other stuff and it can't fetch as list of recommendations? However, it does offer me the trial subscription at least twice a month which I find a bit annoying.

All uphill

Still rolling along
You have my sympathy.

I've ditched Strava recently and feel a whole load better for not knowing speed/height/miles etc, etc.

Now I just go out for a ride :okay:

Top Bottom