Strava Pricing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Does get you free bike computer and lights insurance provided you apply separately for it.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
let me know which you prefer as i only had strava for the same reason .

It'll be a toss up I imagine. I'm a RWGPS fan - it's a great tool, but I've only ever dabbled briefly with CT. Conversely there are some devoted CT fans on here - some of whom I'm going to guess aren't that familiar with the RWGPS planner. I from that I conclude that they are both pretty darn good and you won't be disappointed either way.

Mike_P

Guru
I use Stravas route planner to check gradients more than actually plotting a route, for which I do use Komoot but never been happy with the gradient indications in that.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Komoot is ok for cycle routing but absolutely rubbish for running. Twice it tried to route me through buildings!

I like to plan my route manually taking in certain roads

I have used Garmin but I have to use win edge as it doesn't like Firefox and the courses list window is too big but I guess I will have to get used to it.i can import my 200 odd routes from Strava before I run out which is a bonus

Mike_P

Guru
If I do not know a place I have plotted a ride to I check it on Google Streetscene. Komoot does locally have some cycle route issues - it fails to acknowledge the existance of a cycle route alonhg made up surfaces because a short length uses a private road and insists a path I use daily is cycling prohibited; no signage to that effect. I have contatced them but to date, sending a link to the local cycle route map, without success.

Top Bottom